PDA

View Full Version : anyone know the answer

goose
04-12-13, 00:58
i take 20mg of citalopram a day just entering my 3rd week. i seem to get a couple of good days then a couple of not so good.just feel prickly and not so cheerful . could still be a side effect of the pills
has anyone else had simmilar effects

goose :D

YoungFoolishHappy
04-12-13, 12:57
Hi,

I'd say that's fairly normal to be honest. It's still early days :)

You'll find loads of information if you click in the Citalapram section in the forum. Keep it up and see how you get on!

ray52
04-12-13, 17:12
Hi Goose I'm citalopram to, about 8 weeks in and in general things start calm down between four and six weeks but people differ. Stick with them for now :)

joanne1967
04-12-13, 17:44
Yeah that is true 6 to 8 weeks then there are certainly mire good days than bad I thought they would never work but stick with it cause you feel the benefits soon xx

teej
04-12-13, 19:12
In my first month of taking cit I think I had 5 good days and 25 rotten ones. Seeing the benefits now at 4.5 weeks though. Stay with it.

The citalopram survival guide in the forums is excellent.

Tanner40
04-12-13, 22:23
I've been back on citalopram for six weeks now. What you are describing see,s very normal for me and for the stories that I've read. Hang in there and it will get better. Are you doing anything besides the medication to help yourself, like CBT, therapy, etc... I found it to be very helpful.