PDA

View Full Version : Tendon pain in thumb

penguin120
04-12-13, 00:59
Okay...this is going to sound a bit weird. In my left thumb, I have been experiencing some pain in the tendon thing...especially if I put pressure on it.
Does anyone know what this is?
I doubt it's arthritis because I am in the 13-19 age group so that would be weird. :unsure:
I looked into it and it doesn't seem like I fit into any of the other symptoms of tendon-related things, but I can never be too sure.

Also, all of my muscles seem to be cracking a lot lately.

I'm pretty worried about this... I am right handed so it's not from writing or anything but I do use my left hand alot...

-penguin

Brunette
04-12-13, 08:47
I'm not sure why pain in the tendon of your thumb would make you worry but I've had it from all sorts of things. Hanging Christmas decorations, screwing together furniture, carrying something awkwardly-shaped.

Never gave it a moment's thought, just massaged it now and then until it got better. You should do the same.

penguin120
04-12-13, 13:35
I'm not sure why pain in the tendon of your thumb would make you worry but I've had it from all sorts of things. Hanging Christmas decorations, screwing together furniture, carrying something awkwardly-shaped.

Never gave it a moment's thought, just massaged it now and then until it got better. You should do the same.

Thank you so much. I just realized that, unconsciously, I had been stretching my thumb out, therefore straining the tendon or whatever.

Thank you for replying!:hugs: