PDA

View Full Version : Changing symptoms of anxiety

Myfanwy
04-12-13, 12:17
Does anyone else have anxiety symptoms that feel like they are constantly changing ?

Just when I get used to one symptom I get a new one which makes me panic until I know for sure that it is just anxiety. I rarely am mentally anxious but my body goes into anxiety mood when it feels like it whether my brain is anxious or not :sad:

Rennie1989
04-12-13, 12:19
I think I've had every symptom in the book throughout the 10 years I've had panic attacks and anxiety which have changed over time. Don't worry, it's normal.

Tanner40
04-12-13, 12:23
Totally normal for me. My anxiety symptoms change frequently and then, there are some old stand bys that I get frequently. The key is to just accept them and ride them out. The less focus I put on them, the quicker they seem to go away.

Rennie1989
04-12-13, 12:26
What Tanner said.

Myfanwy
04-12-13, 18:41
Thank you both.

I was not anxious until last night when I was having a shower and my legs started to tremble. More often than not my body often acts as it is anxious even if my mind isn't anxious. That is a new symptom that I've never had in the 20 years that I've had anxiety.

Last night I also woke up with pins and needles in my right hand fingers and in my left foot up to mid calf. Now I am wondering whether I should go back to the doctor today and ask them or whether to leave it. My doctor isn't on today and some of the other doctors that they work with are really rude when I go in only because I have anxiety written on my file.

Yossino
06-12-13, 07:37
Heck yeah my brain loves messing with me! Like it was mentioned, if you ignore it it goes away. You don't want to "follow the feeling" as I put it because your mind can lock on and replay it.