PDA

View Full Version : Uncontrollable thoughts but no anxiety anymore

wilsano
04-12-13, 13:32
i've been experiencing rocd thoughts since my girlfriend and i started daiting. It started with me thinking she did not love me and would leave me or cheat on me. Every time she went out i would get a sense of dread. Up until it switched it side and i started thinking what if i don't love her, what if she isn't the one.

At first i was so confused by these thoughts i was having break downs in work where i would be sucked into my thoughts and my colleagues telling me i looked like i had seen a ghost. I could no get rid of these thoughts.

As it went on the thoughts caused less anxiety making me start to believe it was true. Its like i have gotten so used to hearing it my mind is starting to believe it. I do love my girlfriend but its so hard being numb all the time and my mind telling me to break up with her when i don't want to.

I don't know if i have been in a state of constant anxiety that i don't even know i'm in it anymore or if it is well and truly causing me no anxiety.

Has anyone experienced this the thoughts but no anxiety?

Rennie1989
04-12-13, 14:28
It's very easy to get carried away with our thoughts. I can't remember the amount of times my own thoughts left me in a fit of anxiety and panic. It's important to stop them and to divert your mind elsewhere, whether it's mundane 'what shall I have for tea today?' or bigger 'I wonder who I'll see for Christmas this year'. It takes practise and discipline.

wilsano
04-12-13, 15:14
But it doesn't cause me any anxiety anymore but the thoughts won't go away. It's like I'm used to the thought it doesn't cause anxiety but starts to make me believe the thought.

Rennie1989
04-12-13, 15:16
Then use a distraction technique, like a said above, to divert your thinking.