PDA

View Full Version : Childhood migraines

roxy90
04-12-13, 15:26
I'm finally accepting that my symptoms may not be as serious as I thought and for once I'm not looking for reassurance about my symptoms :) and it feels absolutely great.

However, there is something niggling in my mind that I would like someone to direct some common sense and logic into me :) My mum and dad have frequently gone on about how I collapsed from a migraine aged 4.

There's a niggle in my mind that worries that it could have been something much much worse, such as a tiny bleed from an AVM or something along them lines. I just find it so unusual for a child so young to collapse from a migraine , I just worry if something was missed.

anyway that was aged 4, and I'm now 22. I've never had another one or anything to suggest I have anything wrong with my brain apart from the head/eye pains I have been getting for the last few weeks.

Anyway I would just like some lovely people with a whole load more common sense than me to tell me if it was a brain bleed or something then something would have happened in these last 18 years, give me a cyber slap round the face for good measure. Please :D

cpe1978
04-12-13, 16:11
Roxy, whether you are looking for reassurance about symptoms or what happened in the past they are all part of the same thing.

I am not going to tell you whether I think you are being daft or not, I think you need to re-read your post and arrive at your own rational judgement.

Fishmanpa
04-12-13, 16:16
Anyway I would just like some lovely people with a whole load more common sense than me to tell me if it was a brain bleed or something then something would have happened in these last 18 years, give me a cyber slap round the face for good measure. Please :D

I'm really good at cyber slaps ;) I've given you a few already! So as much as this might do anything ~~~~WHACK~~~~ STOP IT!

Positive thoughts and an extra slap for good measure!

roxy90
04-12-13, 16:35
Yes you're right it's the same thing. I think i'll go now :)

penguin120
05-12-13, 01:11
I got a migraine for the first time when I was eleven; scared me half to death.
It's some of the worst pain I have ever felt; even at eleven I almost collapsed.
It's normal for a child of any age to get a migraine, and I'm sure that when you were four, it just hurt so bad that you collapsed! Especially since nothing has happened since, I'm sure you'll be fine.
If there was a 'tiny bleed', something would have come about by now, I promise! It's been eighteen years!
-penguin