PDA

View Full Version : Intense fear of heart exploding

Tamaskan
04-12-13, 16:29
I really need some help and reassurance. Part of my mind knows my heart isn't going to burst or nothing crazy like that. I'm extremely and don't have any health or heart issues whatsoever. However, my mind had placed that fear in me that my heart is going to burst. I've googled it many times and most sites say there is no way this can happen unless someone straps a bomb to it, which is also not possible.

I just want to rid myself of this fear forever that my mind has made. So can a persons heart actually explode or is everyone right that it cannot and it can just tire out? I'm sick of my mind making me worry about this all day.

PanchoGoz
04-12-13, 18:28
I don't think there is a possibility that everyone isn't right. It's the general consensus that it can't explode so that's that! What has given you this worrry?
With anxiety you often find that even with a rational answer to your fear, the brain continues to mull over the idea like a stuck record. You just have to stop engaging with those thoughts.

Tamaskan
04-12-13, 18:41
Thanks for your help :)

I actually had a really terrible dreams years ago that my heart burst and the dream itself never left me. It was actually more of a nightmare. It's hard to bring myself to stop thinking about it and move on from despite being told countless times it can't happen. I can definitely see its irrational anyway because I don't have any health or heart issues.