PDA

View Full Version : swollen stomach

maria1967
04-12-13, 18:47
Hi everyone,I've been lurking for a while plucking up the courage to post.
This place has given me a lot of reassurance but I'm now feeling so depressed I thought it would be best to post.
I've had a swollen stomach for a few weeks now and yes I am overweight but I now look pregnant,I'm definitely not.
I've put on about 3 pound but looking at my stomach you would think it was 30.
I saw something on the tv about abdominal cancer and swollen stomach and I'm now convinced that's what i have,and I can't shake the terrible feelings that I will be dead by christmas.
To be honest this is just something else in my long list of what I believe I have on different days but I really am so worried at the moment.
Thank you for reading and if anyone else has suffered with this could they please help me
Thank you
Love maria x

Pomchi
05-12-13, 19:21
:hugs:Hi Maria,
I too have had swollen stomach in the past and have thought I had all sorts of cancers (which I didn't!)
Don't forget that a swollen stomach is only ONE symptom of cancers, there are lots and lots of others, which you don't mention having.
Have you eaten anything different lately?
Sometimes eating too much fruit makes me swell, or drinking too much water.
And sometimes our digestive system just goes out of whack and should settle down again soon.
Try not to focus on it too much as we sometimes see things as being worse than they actually are, maybe someone else wouldn't think it was THAT swollen?
Try to take some deep breaths and distract yourself for a while.
Big hugs:hugs: