PDA

View Full Version : 2nd ATOS medical in a year, advice please

BobbyDog
05-12-13, 11:31
Haven't posted on here for a while, my little puppy has had Parvovirus/Pneumonia, luckily she is recovering and doing great.

I asked ESA to reconsider my situation and transfer me from the Work Related Activity Group and put me in to the Support Group, this was about 6 months ago, they now tell me they have been unable to make a decision and I will have to attend another ATOS medical, it is only a year since my last one.

I have all the external links relating to ESA descriptors and DWP information.

I am already consumed with anxiety and I don't even have a date for it yet. My GAD/SA/PA/Insomnia have not improved over the past year and I also hyperventilate constantly.

I would really appreciate any advice you have to offer me on this subject. I will be going to the medical with my Mum as I did for the last one.

Unfortunately for me when I attend interviews I am usually quite calm because I don't know the person I am meeting.

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed.x

sarah.x

Annie0904
05-12-13, 15:49
Hi Sarah, sorry to hear your puppy has been unwell and pleased she is recovering well. My ESA has just come to an end. They told me that unless I can get evidence that I am worse then I can't apply for anything else. I am not worse and I am actually a bit better but still not well enough for full time work so I can't get anything.
I would ask your doctor and any others that you are seeing about your health to write supporting letters for you.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

After sending this message I have just received a 'Limited Capability for work Questionnaire' Well, will see what happens with this :)

BobbyDog
05-12-13, 23:14
Hi Sarah, sorry to hear your puppy has been unwell and pleased she is recovering well. My ESA has just come to an end. They told me that unless I can get evidence that I am worse then I can't apply for anything else. I am not worse and I am actually a bit better but still not well enough for full time work so I can't get anything.
I would ask your doctor and any others that you are seeing about your health to write supporting letters for you.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

After sending this message I have just received a 'Limited Capability for work Questionnaire' Well, will see what happens with this :)

There is hope for us after all Annie, and thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.:D

Annie0904
05-12-13, 23:24
I have to say that filling that form in has made me more anxious! Loads of questions and I may have to go for another assessment. I think it has something to do with them paying my NI

BobbyDog
06-12-13, 11:21
I have to say that filling that form in has made me more anxious! Loads of questions and I may have to go for another assessment. I think it has something to do with them paying my NI

You could be right about the NI. I got really stressed filling my form in as well, it's a bloody nightmare, they do not realise the negative impact that this rigmarole has on people with mental health problems - or don't care!