PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Headache - help!

GlasgowNeil
05-12-13, 12:33
Hi,
I've never posted on anything like this before but am feeling pretty desperate at the moment and could do with some support /advice. I suffer from chronic headaches and have done for over 15 years. I am on amitiptyline, citalopram and diclofenac, all of which I've been on for several years. I think my headaches are depression/anxiety related. Over the past year my job has changed and I've been finding it very difficult to cope. I've also been having relationship difficulties with my girlfriend and I think we are probably going to split up. I have been off sick for 2 weeks and my headaches will not go away. I can't sleep and this makes it worse. The headache has been really bad now for about 2 months and is showing no signs of lessening. I find it extremely difficult to function at the moment. The headaches make me feel exhausted.I am really anxious I will loose my job and not be able to pay our mortgage, loose my house and my girlfriend. I know I am catasprophising and full of negative thoughts but I don't seem to be able to manage them. Any advice/comments would be really appreciated. Neil

Jadikissxx
07-12-13, 10:39
I wish I can give you some good advise I've had a head ache for over a month now the doc says its anxiety it's realy hard to believe it jus seems abit long to have them yes life can b stressful and that defiantly doesn't help u sound like you have alot on your mind and going on in your life witch is probley why the head aches army going I find that exercise helps it takes my mind off for a while mind over matter it's easer said then done not to think about it I no like a vicious circule hope that helps abit

GlasgowNeil
07-12-13, 21:01
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes it is a vicious circle and I'm realising all the stress and worry I have at the moment is causing the headaches to be worse. Exercise is a good idea but headaches make me feel so tired.