PDA

View Full Version : Hearing damage?!

Em.ma
05-12-13, 19:37
I think I've damaged my hearing,
On holiday I took my earphones. Used them on plane fell asleep with music playing for 7 hours in ears. And used in airport lounges, at night in hotel when friend was asleep,
Tonight have a funny feeling like water is in one ear and feel slightly deaf.
For 10 years now I have used ear phones a lot. I mean maybe 5 days a week on a loud volume for two hours a day.
Also used to use everyday for at least 7 hours a day on school days.
Panicking :(

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Putting finger in ear makes it go pop pop pop. And leaves a deaf feeling omg.

Rennie1989
05-12-13, 19:39
That sounds like an ear infection to me. If you managed to fall asleep to music for 7 hours then it was not loud enough. See your doctor.

I've been listening to music on my earphones for almost 10 years myself, been clubbing a lot, been to loud gigs. I used to listen to music loud on my earphones as a teenager but not so much now. My ears are still fine.

Annie0904
05-12-13, 20:24
Emma, it is probably from the air pressure in the plane. Every time I fly I have trouble with my ears for a few days after. The last time I flew from JFK airport I couldn't hear properly for a few days after and my ears always pop after any flight.

Rennie1989
05-12-13, 20:27
I'm the same as Annie. I recently went on my honeymoon in Tunisia and I had ear problems for a few weeks (my fault, should have got them checked, I didn't) and it cleared up. More times than not I've flown home and had ear problems for a week or so. It's down to air pressure.

BumbleGirl
05-12-13, 23:32
Emma, you really need professional help. I know this site is for anxiety but seriously worrying about your ears when you have come off a plane?? Most people have their ears popping and sometimes feeling blocked after flying. Hardly life or death.

unsure_about_this
06-12-13, 11:28
My ears sometimes take a while to settle down when being on a plane (mainly the long haul flights, Mexico, Cuba, United States) I remember in United States I bounce nearly out my sit)

Em.ma
06-12-13, 14:23
Thanks guys.
Didn't consider the fact I'd just got out the shower to. So maybe some water in my ears etc.

Was a long haul flight to, 38,000 feet in thr air to so what can I except.
Just me being stupid ha x

lizzie29
06-12-13, 19:15
Are you still having cbt?

Em.ma
06-12-13, 20:37
My course has finished now x

lizzie29
06-12-13, 21:04
Oh that's a shame, it didn't last long! Did you find it helpful?

Em.ma
06-12-13, 21:10
In some ways yes,
On holiday was easy, now I'm back I'm struggling again as I just can't fill my time up.
Trying to be rational but I'm really struggling as you can see on a current thread of mine :(

lizzie29
06-12-13, 22:04
You need to use everything you've learnt. It's not easy, and takes practise, but over time your brain will start to believe the positives.

Find a hobby, that'll help you to keep busy.

Em.ma
07-12-13, 10:05
Thanks lizzie.
I'll try harder promise :)

lizzie29
07-12-13, 17:56
That's all you can do :) It's not easy and we all have bad days and blips, but all you we can do is try!