PDA

View Full Version : Dvt

Em.ma
06-12-13, 17:53
Flew 8 hours to usa and back last week.
When I got to usa a couple days later had horrific pains in one leg when walking.
Still got it now.
Worrying that it could be a DVt?

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

I couldn't walk down stairs properly.
Had to limp down them.
We did a lot of walking whilst their but getting a bit panicky today as friend what to doctors for suspected DVt and he was on flight with me

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Don't know what to think of it.
Originally thought pulled muscle not DVt not a bit panicky over it

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

Also very scared,
Friend text earlier said had chest pains possible DVt and been docs.
Not text back since and his not been on fb for three hours so very worried something happend :/

BumbleGirl
06-12-13, 18:02
Honestly if you are worried about this I would ring nhs direct because they will advise you what they think and even if they say go to a n e as a precaution it doesn't mean you do have it. X

Em.ma
06-12-13, 18:18
Does that mean you think I may have it :(

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

I'm sure I have the start of it

BumbleGirl
06-12-13, 18:21
No no honestly I don't know if you have it! I have had pain after coming off a plane and for a few days after but it was nothing. Its more likely to be nothing. I'm just saying that it might make you feel better if a dr says its nothing xx

Em.ma
06-12-13, 20:45
Ok x
Well I didn't have it straight after the plane. A few days later and only when walking. And we did a lot of walking the first few days, so could be pulled muscle?
I'm just seeing the worse I think

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Still havnt heard from friend.
So worried :(

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Would it be painful all the time with a DVt ! :(

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

The pain is in my calf. Front of calf! Please is the start of a DVt !!!!!!!! I'm to scared to sleep now

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

I'm really really scared :(

clio51
06-12-13, 20:51
Emma

Ring nhs direct to put your mind at rest!!
Just because your friend as pains it's doesn't mean your symptoms are the exact same as his

Ring them for advice

Em.ma
06-12-13, 20:54
Ok,
Are you saying that because you think I need to ring them because you think I may have DVt or because its the only thing to put my mind at rest?
I just want to ask in your opinion do you think I have start of DVt? (I know ur not a doctor and can't say but just want to know)
I got horrific pains about two days into the holiday. Had to limp down stairs. Struggled walking. Muscular from walking or DVt related? :(

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

It's not so bad sitting down all day them moving. But once I've been on feet for a while it hurts,

Barnabas75
06-12-13, 20:59
Did you sit in a upright position for a long time?
Did you walk around New York a lot?
Did you do more excersise than usual.?

Em.ma
06-12-13, 21:10
Only on the plane each way. 7-8 hours each way,
Tonnes of walking in nyc. Maybe 3-4 hours a day. Maybe more wasn't counting really .Up n down quite a few stairs to on the subway

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

I'm so blooming scared its unreal

lizzie29
06-12-13, 22:10
I'm obviously not a doctor but it could be muscular if you've done that much walking and you're not used to it.

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Tell me your symptoms, Ive just looked on the nhs website at symptoms but don't want to tell you them as you may start "imagining" things. I don't have health anxiety so can look!

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

And did you only start thinking about Dvt when your friend went to the doc?

Em.ma
07-12-13, 09:35
Yes only started when he did . All holiday I was saying to him 'blimey all this walking is killing me but I'm not going to moan as I'm having The time of my life' and if truly thought it was muscular and was laughing at my own limping.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Symptoms are pain in knee when walking after a while.
Worse when walking down staids

Fishmanpa
07-12-13, 12:28
Use some logic here Emma... Ask yourself when the last time you did so much walking and then ask yourself if what you're feeling is due to that or a serious life threatening condition.

Positive thoughts

lizzie29
07-12-13, 17:53
From what I've read, that doesn't sound like dvt. And to me it definitely sounds like muscular if it's when you've been walking. If your friend hadn't mentioned it, you probably wouldn't even be thinking dvt. Many more people have pulled muscles than dvt, so focus on that.