PDA

View Full Version : natural remedy vs. prescriptions

misslove
06-12-13, 14:35
I know that i really should be on meds to help with panic attacks. I just hate the idea of becoming reliant on prescriptions. My husband is also worried about the long term effects of prescribed pills on my body.Also hate the fact that if i want to have a baby i have to wean off of them. Does anyone have any suggestions for a natural remedy for panic attacks? I have taken L-theanine and it does help a bit. I'm open to anything if anyone has ANY suggestions!

Emphyrio
06-12-13, 15:37
Possibly valerian, passionflower, or chamomile could work. I find that a cup of chamomile tea has a nice calming effect - its very subtle but if you have a few cups, the sedative effects can build up. Passionflower is another one - it actually outperformed a benzodiazepine (oxazepam) in one study for generalised anxiety disorder.

Also, you could see about making changes to your diet. Cut out processed sugar, high fat foods, and make sure you get enough vitamins and minerals. Cut out or limit caffeine and alcohol.

nomorepanic
06-12-13, 15:39
Hi

Have you read this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/remedies/

Bonnibelle
06-12-13, 19:22
Chamomile tea is so calming, I drink about 5/6 cups a day now, I feel so relaxed after a cup.