PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to imagine pain?

LF87
06-12-13, 15:18
Hi all,

I'm off on one again :lac:

Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible to imagine pains or symptoms. My current worry is my head, and these headaches I've been getting. I had a bad headache the other week which really panicked me, and since then I've been feeling all different pains and twinges in my head. They aren't severe like the initial one I had, that's not happened since. They're just little short pains. But I'm sure it's something serious now and I'm becoming very withdrawn again because of it.
When I had my mouth C worry, I posted here about tingles and funny pains in my tongue. When I had breast C worry, I was having pains in my breast, under my arm and in my ribs. When I stopped worrying about the mouth C, the tingles went away, because I had moved onto the breast worry, and so those pains started. Now I've moved off the breast C and onto the head, and now I have headaches. What the hell is going on with me? Am I actually having headaches? Or am I manufacturing headaches because I'm obsessed with my head right now?
Either way it's driving me mad. I've stopped exercising incase I make my headaches worse. I'm scared to watch tv for too long, incase I make my headaches worse. I'm even scared to play on my Xbox, which is an absolute travesty! But seriously, I'm really worried about it.
Has anyone else noticed this? Becoming concerned about an area bringing on pains? Or, am I having serious signs that I should be getting looked at?
Thanks xx

Brunette
06-12-13, 16:54
The mind is a powerful thing and can make you imagine anything.

Think about it - if people can be hypnotised into not feeling pain (and they can be) then the opposite must also be possible.

MrAndy
06-12-13, 17:07
i can imagine it is easy to imagine pain is worse than it actially is ,especially when anxious

lavender123
06-12-13, 17:17
I wonder if anybody can help me can you feel tiny small thing on bra line bone I under the breasts like tiny glands , as do you have to examine the bra line rib bone as part of examination, or just the breasts as I have a ting gland on the left one but not on the other and I have spent all day worrying about it, as I don't know what's suppose to be there and what not. My anxiety levels have been really high today and depression. Thank you for looking. I think it's because I have been under a lot of stress lately and his is what happens.i went to the doctors with this a few months back and he said it was normal but I am still obsessing about it. Thanks

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Sorry mr andy if I didn't reply about your post imaging pain, I think when you feel anxious all sorts of things go on.