PDA

View Full Version : Itching- worse in evening :-(

sunflower7
06-12-13, 15:32
I am so scared as for the last couple of weeks I have been getting bad itching all over my body :-(. It's worse in the evening but there during the day sometimes too. I googled and liver/kidney disease and cancer came up. I'm so scared. I also have dry eyes and mouth which you can get with liver disease. Has anyone else had this? I had kidney and liver function tests at beg of Sep but worried it's started after that. Please help :-(

Fishmanpa
06-12-13, 15:42
Have you recently changed detergents or fabric softeners? Has there been anything different in your eating habits? Have your bowels been a bit off? Have you been drinking enough fluids?

Honestly, I Googled it and allergic reaction and dehydration were tops on the list along with irritable bowels.

Positive thoughts

sunflower7
06-12-13, 15:47
Thanks for your help. I haven't been using any new products or washing powders. I have loose bowels in the morning but have had that for ages. I am scared as my mind is telling me the worst :-(

Fishmanpa
06-12-13, 16:25
None of us are doctors or diagnosticians so when in doubt it's best to see your doctor. But know also that anxiety manifests itself into many physical symptoms and itching, although not common, is one of them. Dry mouth and eyes are more common. I know it doesn't lessen your worry as no amount of reassurance will, but at least you can attribute this to possibly being your anxiety disorder.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Brunette
06-12-13, 16:52
I occasionally get this and so does my OH - we associate it with a combination of the cold and central heating as it seems to happen more in winter - both things can dry out your skin. Try using plenty of moisturiser after your bath or shower and see if that helps.

You could also try using a dehumidifier - especially in your bedroom.

Vida
06-12-13, 17:14
Can definitely be due to dry skin. Do you take very hot showers? That can dry your skin out. In my experience though, if I'm itchy and my anxiety starts up, before I know it, I'm itching everywhere. If you tend to focus on something, your anxieties can make it worse than it really is.

sunflower7
07-12-13, 08:30
Thanks everyone, I spoke to my GP and have had blood tests taken. I'm so worried about the results. I really hope its just anxiety/dry skin causing it. It seems so come on at random times which worries me as if it was dry skin would it not be there all the time? Thanks

mummyanxious
07-12-13, 11:16
I get this every year at this time of the year and it is mainly at night too. I can literally be scratching my skin for hours. This weather plays havoc with our skin and hair.