PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to go mad

Raphaels
07-12-13, 11:59
I have posted about my problem before.
A week on Monday I'm going ti have this CT Scan with dye. I have now convinced myself that I'm going to die. I've read up on the procedure.
I'm afraid I'm going to be the one rare person to have the full blown allergy attack from it and I'm going to die. Especially as it's my Grandaughters birthday next day. Then there's the beta blocker, what if my heart rate falls so low that I die from that. What if I end up with asthma from the dye contrast.
I'm a complete wreck now. This is what happens to me when I have anything yo do with my health. I'm convinced that I'm going yo die. Because I have elected to have this scan to rule out heart trouble. I'm paying for it.
I'm def going to take a Diazepam now to calm me down. Sorry all for writing this. No one at home so I needed to tell anyone of my fears. These fears are slowly destroying me as a person. Why can I not be as others who take it all in there stride.

ray52
07-12-13, 12:35
I have had a CT scan with dye it over and done with very quickly so try not to worry Raphaels, but you might need to talk to your doctor about your anxiety

pearl79
07-12-13, 12:45
My mum is 62 suffers asthma and has highblood pressure. She went in and out super quick and is completely fine. She just said it leaves a funny taste in ur mouth for a brief moment xxx please dont worry so much :)

Raphaels
07-12-13, 12:52
Hi
Thank you Ray 52, I do have anxiety but only with my health. I truly believe I'm going yo die. But when I'm physically well I'm fine. My GP is aware of my issues.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Hi Pearl
Not sure how to message you. I'm 60y old. Health anxiety is awful. But thank you.