PDA

View Full Version : really need advice

tricia56
07-12-13, 12:54
hi ive got myself so worked up this morning as its my sisters birthday today and all my family are going out for a meal this afternoon and they all want me to go but im to scared to go I got myself in a right state over it ,I haven't been out socialy for over a year now and and I know ive got to overcome my fears if I want to get better but do I go just because my family want me too or go because ive got to overcome my fears or will it be too much for me as im thinking all the wat ifs that might happen to me and feeling quite over welmed with it all as I just don't know what I have to do .either go because family want me too or do you have to overcome fears gradually a part of me wants to go just to prove to my family I can do it and onther part of me wants to do it to prove to myself .god I just don't know what is the best for me so can anyone help please

Tanner40
07-12-13, 13:05
Tricia, many years ago I avoided certain situations until I was close to being agoraphobic. The avoidance of things that frightened me always made it worse for me in the long run. I write down the things that I'm afraid of in situations like this, and I make a plan on how I will deal with them should they occur. I try to thinkmpositively about the event and push myself out of my comfort zone. I can tell you that I always feel good about trying, and I generally was able to enjoy myself with minimal anxiety. Good luck with your decision.