PDA

View Full Version : Holy shit!

Cammy
07-12-13, 14:06
Okay I know I'm not supposed to drink on citalopram but last night was the first night of drinking in months. I've woken up with major tinnitus and my heart rate is unusual. It's beating fast then pauses, then beats really fast again. I'm so scared it's unbelievable. Does anyone have any advice? Should I seek medical help?

Yes I know I shouldn't drink on citalopram but it was the first time in months.

ShellyTai
07-12-13, 14:27
Hey Cammy - I feel your pain. So sorry I don't have any advice - but I did the same last night. I've been 3 1/2 weeks on Sertraline - really thought I'd turned a corner yesterday as I was feeling fab last night - had a nice meal etc....(first time I was able to eat properly in weeks) .... I had a couple of small glasses of red wine .... went to bed feeling fab....woke up this morning thinking I was dying.....I'm still shaking !!!
I'm trying to drink loads of water to see if that'll help.
Take care - hope you're feeling better soon.
x

Cammy
07-12-13, 14:31
Same!! I was able to go out with friends and enjoy myself for the first time in ages. Now I'm just an anxious wreck in bed :( x

HoneyLove
07-12-13, 14:47
Cammy, don't panic :)

The high heart rate and tinnitus may both be down to low blood sugar or an acid tummy - both could be the results of drinking last night.

Have something decent to eat, and some water to hydrate yourself. Give the food about 20 mins to kick in and see if it helps you. If you're still feeling bad then maybe a chat with your doctor would be a good idea x