PDA

View Full Version : Drinking

Cammy
07-12-13, 18:20
Last night was my first night of drinking in months. I woke up a little drunk then fell asleep now I've woken up feeling dreadful. Dizzy, sick and I don't have chest pains but my chest feels funny. My heart feels like it's beating irregularly. I'm worried that the drinking has triggered something. Anyone ever felt like this?

I also take citalopram and I know drinking is not recommended but I wanted to blow of some steam. I'm disappointed in myself as it's my works Xmas do tonight and I don't think I should go because of how I feel.

Any help please?

Fishmanpa
07-12-13, 18:31
Sorry you're not feeling well :( Yes, your drinking has triggered something....a hangover! This too shall pass. Remember in the future, anxiety and drinking don't mix. More so when you're on meds when it's not recommended at all. Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts.

Cammy
07-12-13, 18:42
I don't think I can do drinking anymore. I was fine before anxiety took over me lol

Catherine S
08-12-13, 01:25
I think its that if you already have anxiety, the morning after the night before makes the feelings much worse as hangover symptoms are the same as anx symptoms...so its just double the feelings. It doesn't matter how relaxed you feel the night before with the alcohol, there is always a higher price to pay for anxiety sufferers unfortunately :scared15:

Take care
ISB xx