PDA

View Full Version : sharp stabbing pains in chest to the right

gordie1
07-12-13, 19:54
Hi there I have been really stressed the last few days just found out my mum has cancer and just generally wound up. I have been getting these sharp stabbing pains in the chest to the right side they come on quite sharply and disappear as quickly as they came. I also have had a lot of reflux. I keep on thinking the worst and thinking its a heart attack but the pain does not go anywhere else.

positive1
07-12-13, 20:07
Sounds like stress/anxiety to me and given what awful news you've had, it would be quite normal for you to experience this. It's ok, the feelings will pass, just don't be weirded about them all the time. Take some time out for yourself to feel all the emotions that must be kicking through you, x

Cammy
07-12-13, 20:14
I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I think the pains will be the stress your currently experiencing. So try and take out the stressors in your life. I would check with a doctor to rule anything physical out.

Take care x

Fishmanpa
07-12-13, 22:56
Hi there I have been really stressed the last few days just found out my mum has cancer and just generally wound up. I have been getting these sharp stabbing pains in the chest to the right side they come on quite sharply and disappear as quickly as they came. I also have had a lot of reflux. I keep on thinking the worst and thinking its a heart attack but the pain does not go anywhere else.

Gordie,

I'm sorry about your Mom :( Know that cancer is very treatable. I'm a testament to that. It's been said here before but if indeed this was a serious issue with your heart, you wouldn't be here posting about it. You wouldn't be able to post I assure you! Based on what's going on in your life, and that you mentioned reflux and the fact you're on an anxiety forum, most likely... you know what I'm going to say don't you? ;) ... Yeah... it's probably your anxiety giving you a hard time along with the reflux. Many here will tell you that reflux pain can manifest itself in the way you describe.

If you have something for the reflux, you should take it. Best wishes concerning your Mom. Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts