PDA

View Full Version : Where has my confidence gone ?

Mac1chick
07-12-13, 21:24
Can anxiety strip you of your confidence ? I just don't feel sure of me anymore. I just don't feel strong and feel quite vunerable. Is this normal with anxiety ? Any replies appreciated.

Mac

Lucinda07
08-12-13, 09:16
Apparently, when anxiety increases - confidence falls. As we tackle small things and build on this, it starts to return.

Rennie1989
08-12-13, 12:40
Yes, it is very common for confidence to drop with anxiety. Anxiety can change your thinking and attitude towards things, including yourself. Just remember to be kind to yourself, don't be too harsh if you make a mistake and reward yourself for accomplishing something, even if it's a thought of 'Well done, Mac, excellent performance today!'

Tanner40
08-12-13, 16:18
With anxiety, we tend to focus on all of the things that are wrong and all of the things that we feel we can't do. Of course, this is a confidence buster. Like Rennie, I tend to find that if I focus on even one thing that went right, or that I did well, it helps to boost my confidence and my self esteem. You're not alone and you can do this!

theharvestmouse
08-12-13, 16:59
This is just my two penneth but confidence comes from doing things, as Lucinda says as we tackle things and push ourselves, we gain more confidence but you have to take things one step at a time. It does return.

Fishmanpa
08-12-13, 17:35
Great replies! yes, it's a building process.... once you place the cornerstone it's one brick at a time. Before you know it, there's an entire wall built. Soon enough the roof is on and interior decoration can begin ;)

Mac1chick
11-12-13, 21:51
Thanks for the replies guys. I just find it extremely hard to believe how quickly anxiety can pull the rug from underneath you ! The healthy me would have never thought that possible !

Mac