PDA

View Full Version : Pain in back/ side/front

emeraldgirl
07-12-13, 23:02
Hello. My latest fear of bladder or kidney cancer since having trace of blood in my urine a few weeks ago has been mainly conquered with reassurance from the doctor that the full set of blood tests would have shown up anything sinister going on. For a couple of weeks I was relaxed and now- wham bang! I have pain around my rib cage on the right hand side which stretches from front to back, sometimes high up and sometimes low down almost to my hip. Convinced its cancer of bladder, kidney ,bones, lungs, pancreas or gall bladder. It has been going on for nearly two weeks. I ave a doctors appointment for 20th December. Meanwhile I am out of my mind with worry. Please help with any waiting strategies.

BumbleGirl
07-12-13, 23:10
Hi emerald,
Are you sure you haven't been sitting in a certain position for too long and often?
Sometimes I have really bad achey pains under my left rib cage and it turns out to be because I have sat funny with out realising it.
Or it could just be stress. With health anxiety once we realise we don't have something we move on to thinking we have something else! xx

emeraldgirl
07-12-13, 23:19
Thank you for answering. I am trying to tell myself it's something to do with the way iVe been sitting but would that go on for two weeks? I hate the way I go from one one illness to another with hardly any time in between

BumbleGirl
07-12-13, 23:26
Is it on or off or constant? Sometimes I will have the pain under my ribs on and off for a while and then it will go when I realise I have been sitting funny xx