PDA

View Full Version : Citropram

kagney
10-11-06, 15:43
Hi, I have been on Citropram for about 5 years for anxiety. I am desparate to come of them as I would like to start trying for a baby. I am terrified of getting side effects when I start reducing the doses as I am scared it will cause me to have a panic attack. If anyone has any advice for me I would be very grateful. Thanks

l wynne

net
10-11-06, 15:46
my friend is on this and her dr is gradually lowering the dose he said he will review her every month and it may take 6 months to completely come off them he said its the safest way to make sure the symptoms dont come back

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

kagney
10-11-06, 15:52
Do you know if your friend has had any side effects.

l wynne

nomorepanic
10-11-06, 16:13
You could feel bad coming off them like you did when going on them - the usual things are dizziness/light headedness.

You must come off them very slowly and like Netty said this could take 6 months.

Good luck

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

LickeyEndBlues
10-11-06, 16:13
Hi Wynne

Welcome to NMP, you will find it a very useful resource for imformation, advice and support.

I've been in here about 5 weeks now and found it really useful.

In time you will learnhow to best use the site and the moderators in here are brilliant at pointing people in the right direction.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

trac67
10-11-06, 19:46
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

I have been on and off and now back on citalopram and I was fine coming off of them, just a few side effects but nothing like when going on them, just do it very gradually and you will be fine.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

kagney
10-11-06, 19:54
Hi Trac,

How long did it take you to get off them? How did you do it, did you go to alternative days?

l wynne

yorkylover
10-11-06, 23:15
Hi and welcome to the forum.Im on citalopram,tried to come off them for 3 months,but I relapsed.I was put back on them.You do have to come off very slowly.You will get plenty of advise here,and support.;)

Ellen XX