View Full Version : Water phobia?

Fly2Freedom
10-11-06, 16:17
I cant swim and Im petrified of water.
Anyone else?

LovexFlyx

peabodyfreak
10-11-06, 17:06
I'm also of the non-swimming variety! I don't mind going in water but it has to be under the right conditions:

1. My feet are able to touch the bottom at all times
2. My face is well above water and no one splashes water at me AT ALL! I can't stand the feeling of water hitting my face so much that I can't even put my face under the shower head. I have to wet my hands and THEN wash my face!
3. There is someone close by who can swim (not in the bath of course)

You are not alone in this fear. My old flatmate was terrified of water also, due to a near drowning experience when she was a small child.

Fly2Freedom
10-11-06, 17:17
Hi.Its not a nice phobia to have.:(
The water is beautiful but so powerful.
I too was pushed in at aged 8 and can still remember the pain of the drowning sensation.
Somehow I fought and got to the side.
The attendants were chatting and hadnt even noticed!
I love the sea and I envy those of you that can swim.

Love xFlyx

Lousy Hero
10-11-06, 19:31
I had a sailing accident about a year ago, our boat capsised and i was trapped under a 20ft sail being pushed under by its weight.

ive not been in the water since.

Religion? Communism? No, Love is the Opiate of the People

yorkylover
10-11-06, 23:44
Hi Fly,I hate the water.Went in the sea when I was a kid and fell over.Went under the water and my ears became all blocked.scared me to death.[:O]Iv never been in the sea again,and I live by the coast.I cant swim.And in the shower I cant have the water running over my head.
My boyfriend tried to take me to France on the ferry,and I was ill with anxiety all the way there.I hated it.I wont go again.[}:)]

Ellen XX

net
11-11-06, 18:26
i nearly drowned at school when i was 6 and now wont go swimming

i'm like peabody feet have to be able to touch the floor
i need to be the side in case i need to hold on
i hate being splashed

i can swim just terrified of being in the pool

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past