PDA

View Full Version : holiday blues

gregcool
08-12-13, 19:44
I know iv posted about my feelings before.but all day today i just cant stop thinking about some of the holidays i went on with my wife and two kids and how misserable i kept acting while in holiday even getting cross with my family for no reason,watching there faces as i upset them all because of my unpredictable mood swings..i hate myself so much for making them feel so sad and down.i was like this alot and feel they didnt deserve this at all and really wish i never mad them sad when all they wanted was a nice holiday and relax.but what they got was ,some nice side of me and some crap side of me..i can just see there faces and imagin how sad i made them all feel.it holidays were supose to be fun and relaxing.but my anxiety stoped me feeling full relaxed..how can i stop thinking about these things..and to think.my wife and two girls all loved me and i was misserable and put a downer on there holiday and prob made them feel i dont love them..

Rennie1989
08-12-13, 19:58
Dwelling on the past has no benefit to you. We've all done some things in the past that we would not like to remember, or at least go back in time and change. But it has happened, it's in the past and we have to accept that it happened and moved on. I've done some horrendous things in the past that I would give anything to change, they make me feel awful about myself as a human being just thinking about. But all I could do was just accept that, yes, it happened, I made myself and others feel truly awful, all I can do now is apologise to them and get on with life. The present and future are what is most important now and we have the ability to make changes for those times.

theharvestmouse
08-12-13, 21:06
Its true, ruminating about the past does not help you here and now, we have all done things we regret and things that we would go back and change. You can only change the here and now and the future as difficult as that is when you are feeling low. You can turn things around Greg, it just takes small steps and trying to not be too hard on yourself.

gregcool
08-12-13, 21:40
In can see what you are saying and i know it makes sence..but for me because i lost everything after 15 years of having evrrything i ever wanted..i know have nothing.lodging in a room.i cant help but think of what i had and wished id made a better go at it all but know it will never hapen..