PDA

View Full Version : Fear of working too hard at work

phil06
09-12-13, 01:03
In the last few weeks I've worked harder than usual and feel more tired will I become too exhausted? The boss said don't burn yourself out what if my hard work does me out too much? Will I be ok? If I run to work ect I also worry I will burn out or something. :blush:

Beagle
09-12-13, 12:31
Hi

I have to be very careful about taking too much on when I am feeling good, as I have a seasonal pattern to my anxiety, with which comes feelings of being tired.

It is important that you know that you may have boundaries that you need to stay within, but not feel so constrained by them that you don't live your life to the fullest possible (Whatever that may be for you).

If you are taking on extra work do it a little at a time. Make sure that you are completing what you have started, before taking on significant amounts more, and hopefully you will be able to work to you maximum without ever feeling you have 'hit the wall' and are exhausted. If in doubt, slow down for a bit, see how you go and then take on more if you can, and if you wish too.