PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling

Bekzie
09-12-13, 11:14
I posted here a couple of weeks ago about my abusive ex and the effect it was having on me. I have had anxiety on and off for years and was doing really well recently but now all of the stress from this situation is really knocking me down, I don't know what to do!!

I split from my ex years ago, we have two children together so he was always around but a few months ago I met someone and since then my ex has been unbearable!! From threats against me and my family (in front of my kids) to driving past my house at all hours to "check up on me"

Things have now gone from bad to worse!
For months now he has been trying to poison my kids against me, they are 10 and 13. Last night after even more lies that my eldest believes he tells me he is going to live with his dad! He has totally turned against me and my family and cannot see that what his dad is doing and saying is wrong.

I have never tried to stop them seeing their dad, never said a bad word about him in front of them even when hes screaming in my face threatening to kill me and I am shocked that this has happened.

From all of this last night I had my first full blown panic attack in months, my anxiety is so high right now im struggling to keep it together for the sake of my younger son who is still living with me. Last night I was convinced the stress was causig a heart attack, Ive not slept properly in weeks, struggling to eat, derealisation is back, all of my symptoms seem to be returning one by one.

I always feel a bit better after venting on here so thanks for reading.
Any advice would be great!!

Moley
09-12-13, 11:50
I don't have any advice I am sorry.
But wanted to send you hugs:hugs:
Keep hanging on in there.

Annie0904
09-12-13, 13:41
Bekzie I am so sorry that your ex is causing so much trouble for you and it is understandable that this would increase your anxiety.
Your oldest boy may in time realise what is going on and come back to you.
Sending you hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Bekzie
10-12-13, 07:40
Thanks Moley and Annie I need all the hugs I can get right now :hugs:

clover1201
10-12-13, 14:43
its so hard - my daughters dad is a prat. Constantly in and out of her life. It annoyed me as he was always flavor of the month but I never said anything. She is now 13 and decided that now, after him not seeing/phoning her from june despite her phoning and leaving msgs for him she wants nothing to do with him. She eve, off her own back without me knowing (until she told me 4 days ago) that her last msg to her day was that he needed to "shape" up or just to go. I was astounded but completely stand by her in whatever decision she has made. She is a very mature young lady and now gets it and see's him for who he really is. Its taken years of hard work and biting my tonge but she decided this without any intervention. I think your oldest will soon get it, sometimes they need to see the grass isnt always greener - it may take a while as his dad will no doubt shower him with gifts and affection but he will see in the end. You just have to be consistant now for him. Hugs though cause it sounds miserable. Hope the new man is a good one and see's you through this :0)