PDA

View Full Version : Last session with therapist

Pete_uk
09-12-13, 11:30
Had my last session with my therapist today as she is moving on. It was hard to keep it together at times and now I'm feeling really sad. Sad and afraid of what's to come in the future and how I will or won't cope.

Annie0904
09-12-13, 14:42
I felt the same when I had my last therapy. We just have to remember their words and put it into practise.

Tessar
09-12-13, 17:09
hey pete, it isn't easy when therapy ends. its like being abandoned as I recall. but its worth remembering that although you wont be seeing your therapist again, all the things they helped you learn, all the good feelings they gave you, the support & sound advice will still be there in your mind. Don't forget that. I used to have imaginary sessions with my therapist after I last saw her. Such that if I found myself in an uncomfortable situation, I'd ask myself, what would she have said? How would we have worked on it together? And that way I would work through my difficulties. Also, I'd write stuff down too. Refer back to notes I had taken or information she had given me too. Everything you learned is still valid and will be forever. Those lessons and your new found strength, confidence etc.... that can stay with you. I totally vouch for that because it's been my experience. I totally understand your sadness too. Its not easy but good you have shared here. Sending you hugs & understanding.

Pete_uk
11-12-13, 10:26
Many thanks. I think a few things have been building up in my mind which hasn't helped.

Tessar
11-12-13, 12:44
Is it anything we can help you with, pete? I find that being able to offload does help.... and everyone here is always happy to listen?

MrAndy
11-12-13, 13:07
Pete I also had my last session yesterday ,I felt almost abandoned but on the bright side they think im well enough to be discharged so im viewing this as a good sign
You can always ask for more support if you start to slip