PDA

View Full Version : Loss of appetite for about three weeks

bettykitten
09-12-13, 13:46
Hi all!

Just after a bit of advice/reassurance. :)

I've had zero appetite for about three weeks now. I'm eating because I need to but I'm not actually enjoying anything. This is a big deal for me as I love my food!

I'm hoping it's to do with my acid reflux flare-up that's come about recently but my GP doesn't think that GERD affects appetite. That in itself is making me stress out as I'm worrying that if it's not GERD, it's something else?!

:weep:

jill
10-12-13, 22:35
Hi hun :D

Its good that you are talking to your gp about this.

I myself, when going through a very stressful time, lost my appetite, it was more than 3 weeks, I did loose weight at that time, my hubby was worried about me. I told him, that when the stress passes my appetite WILL come back AND it did.

Hun, I know its hard for you but stressing over this is NOT going to help, stress is the main factor for not eating OR for some people over easting.

Is the anything worrying you? maybe because you have reflux maybe your concerned about the food you put in, in case it kicks your reflux off, Mmmm this is just a suggestion hun The mind is a powerful thing, I never went out my way not to eat, I just never felt like it, but like you, I ate because I know you have to eat. My dad used to say, an empty sack, will not stand, so for me, I always had my dads words running around my head.

I know FOR ME, it was, anxiety:unsure:/stress related.

Hope this helps, your appetite WILL come back.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX