PDA

View Full Version : Problem with panic attacks

makaba
09-12-13, 20:00
I've started getting panic attacks pretty recently and while I'm having them I've started getting a voice inside my head which start saying horrible things or saying that I should do destructive things or even kill the people around me. I never give in to the voices but even so it seems like it might not be healthy to hear it and I usually end up screaming "no stop it" or things like them at them at the top of my voice which is starting to concern people, most of the time I can't hear it, it's only during panic attacks so I don't think it's too serious but I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing?

Brunette
10-12-13, 12:21
Hearing voices is not something normally associated with panic attacks and it is understandable that people are concerned about the way it affects you.

You need to have a chat with your doctor.

Emphyrio
10-12-13, 16:26
Is it an actual audible voice you hear or is it just an urge, like part of your mind is saying 'what if I do this'? In any case you should speak to your GP.

If it only comes on during panic attacks you may be able to manage it with changes to your diet/lifestyle.

makaba
10-12-13, 20:49
Is it an actual audible voice you hear or is it just an urge, like part of your mind is saying 'what if I do this'? In any case you should speak to your GP.

If it only comes on during panic attacks you may be able to manage it with changes to your diet/lifestyle.

It's sort of sounds like a different voice to my normal thinking voice but I can tell it doesn't actually sound as if a real person is talking to me, if that makes sense
also do you have any idea about what changes to lifestyle could help stop it?

Emphyrio
10-12-13, 22:34
I don't get panic attacks per se, but I do get periods where I feel physically anxious and feel like I'm about to lose control (I have OCD intrusive thoughts too). Generally, I find that I feel more physically anxious when I've had caffeine, the day after drinking alcohol, and if I haven't had much sleep. I've had a bad spell lately and so have been trying to keep my central nervous system as calm as possible - at least until my new meds kick in. Cutting out alcohol and coffee sucks but it has so far minimised my anxiety levels.

A good multivitamin, magnesium and omega 3 also helps.