PDA

View Full Version : panicy

jojo69
09-12-13, 21:13
I'm abroad at the minute and I'm really panicky I feel like I'm gonna have a full blown panic attack I'm starting to want to go home and I've just arrived why do I let myself feel like this wish I was normal

ady1779
09-12-13, 21:19
I know how you feel! Sometimes, when on vacation or traveling, I get panicked or my anxiety attacks come on. I think its because we are far from our normal lives, away from our comforts that make us feel safe. I always try to shake it off by remembering that I am around others so if something happens I have help! Then I try to immerse myself in what is going on, to be present in just the moment I am in and not project or think of what ifs, maybes! Hope it helps, if even a little. Go enjoy yourself!

jojo69
09-12-13, 22:53
Yeah that's how I feel I keep thinking what if this happens what if that happens I just can't seem to relax but I'm trying really hard thank you xxx

james_grimble
10-12-13, 10:33
ive had this !

In the summer i was on holiday in Greece and i was convinced i was going to have a heart attack. I had chest pains on and off, my breathing felt strange and i felt light headed.

I worried for the full 2 weeks that if i did have a heart attack my hotel was miles away, it would take ages for the ambulance to come, would the hospital be able to operate on me, do greek ambulances have a defib machine. etc.

I worried myself sick convinced myself i was going to have a heart attack and then obviously i didnt and i still havent and i basically paid 1200 quid to worry for two weeks !

jojo69
10-12-13, 17:58
Yeah I know it's silly but we can't help it I've been slightly better today but I still wish I was home

Annie0904
10-12-13, 18:07
It is usually the same with me for the first couple of days on holiday. It is out of our safety/comfort zone. Usually after the first couple of days I get used to my new surroundings and actually find I am enjoying myself and hope you do too :) Are you somewhere nice and sunny? If you are, I am very jealous :D