PDA

View Full Version : palpitations

fisher
10-11-06, 21:02
hi everyone, yet another symptom, one goes and another one appears, my worry at the moment is i have had palpitations, i am saying they are, its when your heart goes really really to fast, i was in work the other day and i had to sit in on a ward meeting in a circle of people, i started to feel hot and i was saying to myself, i couldnt just get up if i wanted to because i would look stupid, so obviously my heart started going fast and because i couldnt really do anything to distract myself because people were watching me i felt worse, so it got even faster, i had to at that point say i was going out to get my drink, i tried to calm down before i went back in, it was really hard because we was in there nearly 2hrs, and again today, i had a brilliant day i was off work and took my friend house hunting, when it was time to drop her off at home we pulled up outside the cake shop first, i thought to myself oh i can feel my heart beating which worried me anyway when i walked into the cake shop i was getting palpitations, it only lasted a few mins, but it scared me, why do you get them they are scary, does anybody else get them? and how do they cope with them?

nomorepanic
10-11-06, 21:04
Have a look on here...

Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Very common

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Southern_Belle
10-11-06, 21:10
Hi Fisher,

Since they only lasted a few minutes I think it was caused by anxiety. Deep breathing or distraction helps. I hope you are feeling better now.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

darkangel
10-11-06, 21:38
Hi fisher

soz to hear you not too good. I think when we have anxiety we are conscious of every change in our body, and we focus on our heart rythms and breathing. The more we give focus to it the worse it can become. Try to let it pass and dont add to the fear. (I know easier said than done).

TAke care and speak soon

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

keef737
11-11-06, 19:00
Yes i get these, so as I experienced them I began to recognise the signs
before it got to that stage as I started to get anxious i practised breathing and after a few attempts it began to die down
one thing I did was to breath in fast and breath out slow through your mouth slighly pressurising your breath useing your lips this you can do in public and no one notices! this for me worked !
wish you luck !

keith

looking4answers
13-11-06, 09:41
Major anxiety attack on top of another anxiety attack...Its common.. depending on how anxious you are..When it happens try to think of anything but whats going on.Try to breathe deeply and relax as much as possible ..dont go with the mind .. just do the opposite and relax and let it beat...as you are relaxing you will notice it will subside..Its all in the mind.. when its beating hard from you eating, or snacking or walking or whatever and you become aware of it you get scared making it worse..If you recognise it for what it is then you will be ok..also try to avoid exercise after a big meal..sweets really make it crazy and caffine and smoking.. although these are all my favorites i have cut back on most.. but its normal..and happens to all of us .. anxiety to the max.. got ta hate it. but what can you do ?

fisher
16-11-06, 19:20
thanks everyone for your kind words x