PDA

View Full Version : Anyone awake?

mummyanxious
10-12-13, 04:49
I've just woken up feeling like I had a headache and with pain in my left shoulder. I'm worried its my heart or a stroke. I am sat desperately trying to remember if I've done anything to pull my shoulder in the past couple of days but I haven't. I felt a bit sick and like I needed the toilet though that has worn off now mostly. Its mainly this pain in my shoulder, its aching. Doesn't really hurt to touch. I'm worried its radiating from somewhere in my chest. My ears are ringing badly too.
Last night before I went to bed I kept getting sharp stabbing pains in my throat which I thought could be my heart but I ignored the little voice telling me and went to sleep. Now I'm worried and can't relax or go back to sleep.

---------- Post added at 04:49 ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 ----------

It feels like its in the left side of my back now too. My neck at the back as well.
My pulse has slowed down a bit now and I was initially hot when I woke.

jimbobrooney
10-12-13, 08:21
How do you feel now ?

mummyanxious
10-12-13, 12:31
Not too great tbh. The aching in my shoulder has gone, but I've just had the stabbing knife pains again in the base of my throat.
And to top it off I'm still getting this creeping aching pain which keeps coming up my sides under my armpits. I keep getting a burning pain u dee my ribs at the back in the left side too. I've no idea what's located there in the body and I'm trying not to think of it but I'm worried what it is.

Fishmanpa
10-12-13, 12:57
Sorry you're feeling bad. Honestly, this sounds very much like the heart related fears and symptoms you've had for some time. Have you spoken to someone about therapy or CBT to help control this?

Positive thoughts

mummyanxious
10-12-13, 13:01
Trouble is these are bonafide pains and I'm worried they are related to my heart. I just get dismissed whenever I mention it to the dr because of my age.
With my health anxiety in general I deal with it much better these days. I have had a couple of minor blips in the past few months but generally I don't worry about every disease going. These heart fears remain because I get pains in my chest in various places.
I know obviously its not a heart attack but I worry its heart pains limbering up to the main event.

Fishmanpa
10-12-13, 13:21
I and many others have mentioned this before, but if you read the "Symptoms" link, you'll see that anxiety causes the physical reactions that describe your heart/chest issues to a "T". There is a reason your symptoms are dismissed by the medical profession and it's not just your age. I'm afraid that until you address the root of the problem, you'll be trapped in this cycle of anxiety. I hope you seek help as you have to be totally exhausted by all of this by now :(

Positive thoughts

ady1779
10-12-13, 16:17
Have you considered it might be acid reflux? Surprisingly you can feel burning pain along your back, into your throat, etc...Pressure and chest pain accompany this as well! What did you have to eat lately? That could be the source. I too struggle with heart related fears, but in the end there has to be a point where we try to move forward and put the fears aside. Extremely hard, I know. Hope you feel better!

jimbobrooney
10-12-13, 16:42
I and many others have mentioned this before, but if you read the "Symptoms" link, you'll see that anxiety causes the physical reactions that describe your heart/chest issues to a "T". There is a reason your symptoms are dismissed by the medical profession and it's not just your age. I'm afraid that until you address the root of the problem, you'll be trapped in this cycle of anxiety. I hope you seek help as you have to be totally exhausted by all of this by now :(

Positive thoughts

Is CBT any good ?

Fishmanpa
10-12-13, 17:06
Is CBT any good ?

There are several here that have/are getting and using CBT techniques quite successfully.

Positive thoughts