PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday my second day of blog

Raphaels
10-12-13, 10:13
Goodmorning all
Had a restless night. Unusual for me as I do sleep quite well. It's obvious as my subconscious is playing havoc with me. Had a decent evening. Not as afraid as I was during the day. Yoga helped. I'm very sore and achey today.
The thoughts didn't take long to filter through today. What if I have a bad reaction to the bisoprolol. What if I gave a bad reaction to the dye. What if I die.
Just writing it has made me anxious. I have so many doubts about this screening. Still don't understand the how this drug is going to stop my heart going faster through fear and anxiety. And how it would work on someone else if they either have migraine or tremors.
Very confused. How does the drug know when to stop my pulse going further down. my normal pulse which is at 60. As I said confused. But it must be ok because I'm told. Very afraid of this drug. I fact of any drug that interferes with my heart. So there it is another day to confuse myself even more.

nomorepanic
10-12-13, 10:43
Hi there

I would add each day to the previous thread so you have continuation rather than a lot of posts separate.

Just a thought.

Raphaels
10-12-13, 11:49
Hi thanks but new to this and do not know how to continue with original page.

clover1201
10-12-13, 14:24
Hi there

I thought I would comment as i had a ct angiogram just over 2 weeks ago. I, like yopu was very anxious before hand. It all seemed very scary! I was given bisperol to take for 3 days before to try and keep my heartbeat reasonably low - my resting heart rate is normally 65 - 70. When i got there i was seen straight away and got my height and weight measure. I then got given a gown and had to undress from waist up. I then went into the room and layed down, I could already feel my heart rate increase and it was about 85. The idea is to get your heart rate to 55 - 60. I had to have an extra injection on top of the bisperol to get the desired results (infact im not even sure what they managed to get it down too) The affects of the extra beta blocker are only temporary and they make you stay behind a little longer to check all is well. Now on to the dye, that was very weird, but again only lasted seconds. They warn you when it is being injected so you know and you get a flushed feeling go through you, it also makes you feel like you are going for a wee - very strange sensation but obviously your not. You gp into the machine, which doesnt cover you fully and then it starts spinning and is pretty noisy. This happens once before the dye is injected and once when it is injected. And thats it, it was all done very quickly and not really very scary at all. My nerves were flying hight before hand but it was ok. The worst part for me is now, im still waiting for the results as i hoped i would get them pretty soon. I phoned the Drs and they said it can take 3 weeks :(

Hope this helps :)

Raphaels
10-12-13, 15:27
Clover1201,
Thank you so much for the message. I'm not worried about the dye as I've had it before.
Just worried about taking the bisoprolol. Worried about what effects it will gave on me. What if my heart rate too low.
Totally illogical. As I know many people take them, and they are fine. I'm only having my 1 dose on the morning. If they say take extra dose I will refuse. I'm so afraid it's ridiculous.

nomorepanic
10-12-13, 15:44
just find your previous post and add on the end to it

clover1201
10-12-13, 16:04
They may have to give it if your heart rate is too high or they will not be able to do it. Its a 64 bit machine which means it can take 64 photos per minute. This means that in order to get the best image quality they need to have your heart rate below that. They will not be able to do it otherwise. Like you I would panic if my heart rate was in the 50's but that is what they are aiming for! Dont look at the monitor and then you wont know. The other thing is that it is a perfectly safe test even with the extra beta blocker.

Raphaels
10-12-13, 16:43
Did you get any symptoms from it. It's the not having it before.

clover1201
10-12-13, 21:05
no symptoms at all, didnt feel different in any way.