PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like Anxiety?

stuartjames1975
10-12-13, 11:18
I feel i have suffered from several years with Anxiety but sometimes doubt myself and think there is something terminal instead.
I have had some personal stress after a long term relationship breakup with my ex girlfriend whom I had a daughter with.
I can be ok for weeks on end then I will go through some stressful situation or issues with my ex partner which brings it all back. Right now I have the following symptoms:
Feel nervous inside and my legs are jelly like, sometimes feel light headed, dry mouth, discoloured tongue, urinating a lot. The other symptom I find really hard to describe is an internal feeling of numbness or tingling in my arms and legs and sometimes all over my body.
My other main symptom is a feeling of utter exhaustion, I can sleep ok although I do wake up early a lot and feel like I can't move. Getting up is hard work let alone being social and going to work.

I would really appreciate some other peoples views on this, does this sound like Anxiety?

thanks
Stuart

james_grimble
10-12-13, 14:01
hi mate,

im sort of in the same boat !

i was fine until i had my first episode - felt lightheaed, pins and needles in left hand heart going beserk. i got took to hospital but they said i was fine and just described it as an episode.

Since then i have had a few more of these as well as chest pain virtually everyday and a myriad of other symptoms.

i like you have atleast 7 hours sleep a night ( it is interrupted i have 2 small children ) but even if they stay out and i have a full 8 hours sleep, i feel dreadful when i wake up and feel knackered all day.

When it gets to about 2pm everyday i am fighting to keep my eyes open and by 9pm i am destroyed.

I have also been on nights out lately and by 10pm i am seriously shattered, i cant ven describe how tired i feel.

I worry the same as you that i have some sort of cancer and that is the cause of it all.

I am having a scan on my heart soon and if that is all clear i can stop worrying about that and hopefully all this will clear up ????

tezza
10-12-13, 15:09
Hi Lads

I am also in the boat with you

Had jelly legs and numb cold feet for 9 weeks now also dry mouth light headedness confusion sweating

dont sleep through as im always going to toilet at night

getting out of bed is like climbing Everest and im exhausted through the day

had palpitations and ectopic beats at the beginning although they have since dissapeared after i had 24 hour holter monitor also themany blood tests ive had are all clear

doctor says its all Anxiety!!!!! taking fluoxetine 5th week but no change

you just feel itis something else, cant believe anxiety can be this bad but it probably is its just hard to convince yourself

WISH YOU BOTH WELL ASAP

Terry

jill
10-12-13, 22:09
Hi Stuart :D

:welcome: to the site.

I am NO expert and can say, YES, it sounds like anxiety, BUT, hun, I cannot diagnose you. If its REALLY effecting your quality of life, Its advised to pop along to your GP for an MOT, talk about your symptoms. It helps to write a list of your symptoms, just in case you forget or get over anxious.

I myself was diagnosed by my gp, she was nice, gave me a check up, took bloods. Although at that time, I was terrified, thinking ohh boy, what the hell do I do with that diagnoses panic/anxiety, but it brought me to this great site :yesyes: By getting an MOT this helped me understand that physically I was fine, it was my mind that was NOT. :lac: and I came to understand, that with a lot of hard work, time and the right support, I could get better.

I have had most of your symptoms and MINE where anxiety related.

Please hun, if its really effecting your quality of life, TAKE some control, KNOW what your dealing with:yesyes: and then, LEARN all you can about it.

This site is a great place to be.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX