PDA

View Full Version : Testicle Worry, please help!

Anxiousness123
10-12-13, 15:28
I am a healthy young 13 year old. So about 5 weeks ago, my right testicle started to hurt on the top. I endured it for a week, but went to the doctor later when the right testicle started to swell a little. She had me take an ultrasound, and she said it was epididymitis and there was nothing to worry about. So I took the medicine(antibiotics), and the swelling came down and I was completely fine. But about a week later, I noticed that my right testicle was a little harder than my left one. When I took frequent warm showers, my testicle softened up a little. But later, it comes back again. There is no pain on the testicles, I have noticed something that is too tiny to be called a lump. It feels like a tiny pimple that is 2~3 mm.(Although this could be an appendix testis)Please help, I’m really anxious about this!

Annie0904
10-12-13, 15:56
It could be a little cyst which are quite common and not harmful but I would let your gp have a look at it just to reassure you.

Anxiousness123
11-12-13, 13:15
Thanks for helping me, :) But are the symptoms I have the symptoms of a cyst? And I've heard that you have to get cysts removed with surgery. This really scares me!

Annie0904
11-12-13, 18:20
No it should go by itself. I am not a doctor and can't see what it looks like so you will be best letting your doctor have a look to confirm what it is.

Anxiousness123
12-12-13, 13:16
Yes thank you, but I have been examining my testicles and I have brought very bad news. I have found a lump at the bottom of my right testicle. I also did the Flashlight test, but I couldn't see my testicle, I couldn't see through the scrotum, either. What could it be?

Anxiousness123
13-12-13, 19:42
Now I found out that the lump was just my epididymis, :D But when I press the right testicle to the left, the area where the testicles has a somewhat dull ache. What is this?

Annie0904
13-12-13, 19:45
The dull ache is probably from you pressing it :)

Anxiousness123
14-12-13, 11:02
:) Thank you very much for helping me. I might have an appointment again now. And the pain is now gone, even when I press it. ;) I appreciate it

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

But with the symptoms I have, is it possible that I have a tumor or testicular cancer? My main concern are these two, and I'm very worried!

Annie0904
14-12-13, 11:03
I would say it would be VERY rare at your age and from your symptoms I would say no.

Anxiousness123
15-12-13, 03:06
Thanks for relieving me :D Thank you so much for your help.

Anxiousness123
15-12-13, 09:56
But wait, I have a tiny, sharp bump on my right testicle that is about 3 mm. I have heard of someone who ignored a jagged bump on their testicle who died of testicular cancer. Could this tiny, sharp bump be a sign, or could it just be the appendix testis?

Pipkin
15-12-13, 10:05
Hi there,

This is very unlikely to be anything serious but you must see your GP and get it checked out. That's the only way you'll know for sure. Whilst we can all share our experiences, none of us is a doctor. I know you'll get plenty of support leading up to your appointment so please book one ASAP.

Pip

Anxiousness123
15-12-13, 13:04
What's ASAP? I'm going to have an appointment with the doctor when I get to my home country, Korea in about 2 weeks or so... But before that, I'm going to see my uncle. My uncle is a doctor and he will check my testicles, and if he's unsure about it, I'll have an appointment.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Also, there is something wierd. My right testicle hangs lower than my left, and is sometimes a little more firm than the left, but sometimes it's more tender than the left. I don't know what's going on. Any ideas?

Annie0904
15-12-13, 13:14
I have replied to your pm and I am sure most men's are slightly different but like Pipkin said...see a GP as it is the only way you can be reassured. I would ask your Uncle about it if he is a doctor. He can advise better than any one here.

Pipkin
15-12-13, 14:20
Sorry, ASAP means as soon as possible.

Pip :)

Anxiousness123
15-12-13, 14:29
Thanks guys, you have all done a great job and really appreciate it for your contribution in my thread about my problems. Thanks.

Anxiousness123
17-12-13, 15:59
Hey guys, I just found something new:
I found that my right testicle is not "smooth". Actually it's an oval shape, and it's has a few bumps and the top right. Why is this?
I'm still not over my concern, and I haven't seen my uncle yet because I am going to see him in 1 or 2 weeks(when I travel to my home country), so right now I'm going to rely on you guys.
Plus, the location of my sharp bump(2 mm) has changed, now it's at the left side of the testicle.
I am so worried right now, I know I am going to have an appointment soon, but what if I have testicular cancer or a tumor? I don't want my testicle removed!

Annie0904
17-12-13, 17:26
You cannot 'rely' on us as we are not doctors. You need to see a doctor about your concerns.

Beagle
17-12-13, 20:41
Hi

Cysts are common. I have a few, all of which have stayed at the size you described for 15+ years, but I still got them checked, just in case.

Btw, well done for checking. Never too young to start checking!

Anxiousness123
20-12-13, 15:19
Hey guys,
I am more and more concerned(my appointment is in 2 weeks), because of these new things I discovered:
1. My right side of the scrotum is dark and the left is light.
2. I feel like my right testicle has less scrotum skin covering it than the left.
3. I accidentally hit my right testicle with a batminton racket. It wasn't a hard blow, but it was just enough to cause some pain for about 20 seconds, then the pain subsided.
Any ideas what the first two are, and for the third one, do you think this is serious?(I know I am constantly worrying about this, but I just can't help it.)

Annie0904
20-12-13, 15:29
The first 2 sound quite normal to me (and my husband says so too) The 3rd...it is a very painful area (according to my husband!) and any slight knock will cause some pain so you are lucky it only lasted 20 seconds...nothing to worry about.
Hopefully when you see the doctor you will be reassured more.

Anxiousness123
20-12-13, 17:58
Thanks ;)

Anxiousness123
22-12-13, 16:21
There is also another 3 things that bother me:
1. The right testicle feels like it has a little bulge on the side.
2. On the right testicle, I feel a little dent.
3. My scrotum is very saggy.

Fishmanpa
22-12-13, 16:45
Unfortunately, none of us are doctors and to be honest, I don't examine my walnuts that's closely nor feel the need. It's best to leave them alone for a bit and let your doctor check them out. Ohhh and be more careful with the badminton racket! ;)

Positive thoughts

Anxiousness123
23-12-13, 13:52
1. The right testicle feels like it has a little bulge on the side.
2. On the right testicle, I feel a little dent.
3. My scrotum is very saggy.

Anxiousness123
25-12-13, 08:45
Please answer above!

Fishmanpa
26-12-13, 15:20
Unfortunately no one can reply to the above issue except a trained medical professional. At 13 years old however, the chances of anything sinister being wrong are slim to none. Explain your concerns to your parents and ask them to take you to the doctor.

Positive thoughts

Ikaeoph
27-12-13, 02:35
It is normal for testicles to not be 100% smooth and oval in shape. There are alot of nerves in them so pain is normal and it is so sensitive it can travel into knees and stomach. Scrotums are meant to sag when you get hot, they only go in during arousal or cold weather. Go to the doctor so you can rest your mind,

Anxiousness123
27-12-13, 13:24
Don't worry about me going to the doctor. I'm leaving for Singapore in an hour, and after 4 days I will be in my home country Korea. I will have an appointement there. I told my parents 3~4 weeks ago. :) But what about the bulge?

Anxiousness123
08-01-14, 13:04
I went to the doctor, and he said my testicles were normal. But he couldn't feel the lump on the left side of my right testicle. I'm not sure if that's normal, because normally nothing is supposed to be there. Can a lump(4mm) be normal? Please answer! This may be the last question I ask in this thread.

Annie0904
08-01-14, 16:57
If your doctor has examined you and he says everything is okay, then everything is okay. Now that you have seen the doctor you must stop worrying about this.

Fishmanpa
08-01-14, 21:06
I went to the doctor, and he said my testicles were normal. But he couldn't feel the lump on the left side of my right testicle. I'm not sure if that's normal, because normally nothing is supposed to be there. Can a lump(4mm) be normal? Please answer! This may be the last question I ask in this thread.

Your testicles are not made of perfectly polished rounded gemstones. There are small lumps, bumps and blood vessels running through them. The bottom and final line is your doctor examined them and they're normal. The reason he didn't feel a lump is because it's not a lump. It's part of the normal anatomy of your testicle.

Positive thoughts and good luck!

Anxiousness123
09-01-14, 13:02
No it's no that. I can only feel the lump(size is 4mm)when I'm lying down or sitting, and the doctor felt my testicles when I was standing up, so he couldn't even notice it.

Annie0904
09-01-14, 13:12
Like Fishmanpa has told you..it is normal to feel lumps and bumps. If it was not normal the doctor would have noticed it.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Fishmanpa really knows more than me on this subject since he has some and I haven't :D

semper solus
09-01-14, 13:20
Hi
Did your doctor check to see if it could be an Inguinal hernia?

Fishmanpa
09-01-14, 21:47
Like Fishmanpa has told you..it is normal to feel lumps and bumps. If it was not normal the doctor would have noticed it.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Fishmanpa really knows more than me on this subject since he has some and I haven't :D

Well you have some for answering on a testicle thread that's for sure! ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Annie0904
09-01-14, 21:59
Well you have some for answering on a testicle thread that's for sure! ~lol~

Positive thoughts

:)

Anxiousness123
10-01-14, 04:30
Ok, I am done worrying now, because I did two ultrasounds with the result normal. Thanks guys, for answering to this thread, you have really helped. :)