PDA

View Full Version : Help / advice needed

CRM
10-12-13, 21:49
Hi,

I have GAD. And have been on sertraline for the last 4 years since it started. My anxiety generally manifests itself as feeling spaced out, feeling of doom , afraid of going crazy / losing control and just genre real edginess throughout the day I also feel really detached - this is my worst symptom. Anyway, sertraline has never been great for it - I guess it's managed it but it's still been there everyday and my panic attacks were still fairly frequent. My panics again, are mainly physiological and do not get pounding heart etc just feel as though am going to pass bout / lose control and sweaty palms and intense fear ! I can't speak to people whilst having these I have to be on my own.
Anyway, I have decided with my go to taper off sertraline and have done so very slowly over a 6 month period and my last doses were 1/4 tablets ( 12.5mg) and last one was taken a week ago. I've been having brain zaps and then yesterday a whole heap of symptoms started.. Diarrhoea, nausea, loss appetite but intense hunger .. Anxiety and panic attacks have worsened. I went docs and he said it wouldn't be withdrawals as my dose was so Low and it has been a week? I'm also getting brain zaps so that tells me it is withdrawals. He has now prescribed me ' propanalol ' as he said side effects were low and beta blockers are non dependant but after research I have found these address the more physical symptoms- which I don't really suffer with ( except from these withdrawals ) he's also prescribe me 80mg twice daily which seems a lot. I'd love to find a tablet which helps anxiety and has few symptoms .. Going back tomorrow and didn't know if any of you could advise me with this ?

I have had counselling ( paid for ) which has helped no end with my obsessive thoughts I just want this anxiety ' fog ' gone and also these other withdrawel symptoms - I gave a young child and I'm scared I'm not going to be able to cope much longer.

Thanks all :)

Ps I also get low blood sugar and I've seen these tabs are not great for that ?? Even more confused ! Xx

Annie0904
10-12-13, 21:56
Everyone reacts differently to medication and what works for one person doesn't always work for others. You could try natural remedies such a chamomile tea (at least 4 cup a day) and Bach rescue remedy.