PDA

View Full Version : sharp pains in chest

shelley1813
10-12-13, 22:40
im a 32yr old female who constantly feels spaced out n dizzy. Really scarey:weep::weep::weep: Had this before but iv been googling :mad: which is bad. I have been getting on and off for 2 days a stabbing pain in my chest to the left which my mind is now in overdrive and im thinking im in the early stages of a heart attack which can last days or even weeks before the heart attack!!!!! i have been burping alot as i am panicking

Nich
10-12-13, 22:44
Heart attacks normally happen fast! Put your mind at ease :) I've had plenty of pain in my chest, and sharp pain doesn't usually indicate heart attack as far as I'm aware. It's more of a heavy or tight pain. Also your burps would suggest wind/gas, or stomach problems. Your stomach is underneath your chest, so easily mistaken!

If you are feeling uneasy book a GP appointment, but i'd think you would be really struggling now if you were having a heart attack. Feel better soon! anxiety will not contribute well to chest pain! :yesyes:

shelley1813
10-12-13, 22:54
Thanx Nich. I hate HA every pain and im in panic mode thinking this is it im going to die right now

nomorepanic
10-12-13, 22:55
It could be indigestion/acid reflux

Nich
10-12-13, 22:58
Thanx Nich. I hate HA every pain and im in panic mode thinking this is it im going to die right now

Im exactly the same, and we're both still alive and kicking! Most of the time it's just keeping yourself occupied to take your mind of things! :hugs:

seabreeze
10-12-13, 22:58
Hi Shelley i suffer with chest pains similar to yours. Sharp ones, central, to left side , to right side also with pain between shoulder blades. Had tests at both doctors and hospital only to be told my heart is fine. Yes its scary and i still get myself in a panic especially if i am alone, but like you i "burp" a lot. I find rocking slightly back and forth helps me burp which helps keep pains away. If you tense up it does seem to make them worse. Hope you find a way to cope with them x

Nich
10-12-13, 22:59
Also i agree with the acid reflux, i visited the docs with extreme pain. Said it was the acid in my stomach, but people often visit A and E thinking they are having a heart attack!

shelley1813
10-12-13, 23:15
thank you al sooooo much xx keep checking my pulse and its only 54bpm im guessing thats too slow and panicking more and more sorry xx

shelley1813
11-12-13, 11:38
How fast is a good heartbeat?????

Tanner40
11-12-13, 12:30
I just try to find happiness in the fact that my heart continues to beat. Make the choice that just for today, you won't check your heartbeat. You might be surprised how quickly you will forget about it.