PDA

View Full Version : Overcoming Breathing Anxiety

AnxiousGirl1
10-12-13, 22:51
Has anyone overcome breathing anxiety where there's constant focus and worry about breathing?

I'm still having issues with this and worried I'll never live an anxiety free life.

If you have experience and know how this feels please reply or message me and let me know any tips or how you overcame it? I'd be so grateful as I'm really struggling :(

Nich
10-12-13, 22:56
I know how you feel, and i myself am still battling it.
I once went to A and E with fast breathing, thinking i was having anaphylaxis to vicks! ahaha
The nurse told me i was just having a panic attack, and told me to breathe in and out slowly, concentrate on that instead. Still concentrating on breathing, but much much slowly. This should help you focus

You don't easily overcome it. But there are plenty of people out there experiencing the same as you. If you have no other issues, you are really fine, please don't panic yourself!:yesyes:

fruity
11-12-13, 12:14
hiya. i have this very rare now but i used to have it every day a few years back but i guess it just went. i tried to battle it but could not. but as i said it just went.

Tanner40
11-12-13, 12:19
Finding something to distract myself with is helpful for me. I also try to show myself that I can breathe just fine. I will jog around the house or do jumping jacks. That shows me that me breathing is just fine. Good luck.

mummyanxious
11-12-13, 16:25
I find that when I'm moving about, walking or exercising or doing housework I can breath ok but as soon as I'm warming down this is when I have issues. I'm almost tensing my chest up while my breathing slows down. Therefore not breathing properly. Its a tough one to break as as soon as you think about breathing you feel like you can't breath. Distraction is most certainly a key.

AnxiousGirl1
11-12-13, 18:48
Thanks. I just worry about thinking about it, like it's gonna stop. I can distract myself but in the evening it gets so bad

Stu82
05-01-14, 11:23
I've commented on one of your posts about this back in November as I have the same problem but understand why I do it and that it's all anxiety.

You will be fine just like me and everyone else and it does pass. It is abit tougher in the winter due to short daylight hours and cold weather.

You'll just find it'll bother you less and less as you don't feel as worked up inside but give it time and try everyday day to relax a little more to lower your stress levels and tension inside.

I regular go to gym, sauna and steam room + luv nice smelling oil burners and candles! :)

Keep your chin up and stay positive.

AnxiousGirl1
13-02-14, 16:17
Thanks Stu :)