PDA

View Full Version : So what next?

Cammy
11-12-13, 01:10
So I have my first appointment with a psychologist on the 7th of jan. I went to the doctors a few months back complaining about chest pains and not feeling well. We done an ECG and it came back normal. I constantly fear my heart will just stop working. I started obsessing after having a major panic attack. But I still feel very unwell everyday. I take citalopram and have done for a few months. What else other than an ECG can we do? Feeling unwell everyday must link to a physical problem?

Any advice please.

nomorepanic
11-12-13, 11:15
No it doesn't have to be a physical problem. Anxiety can make us feel pretty rubbish all the time as well

Catherine S
11-12-13, 12:09
There's a thread on here asking, if we could write a letter to our younger selves what would we say, and reading all the replies from others is an eye opener and made me cry. Its just a shame, and the nature of health anxiety that we can't always live by the advice we all gave to our younger selves in that thread :weep:

ISB

Tanner40
11-12-13, 12:24
Cam my, learning to trust is key in battling anxiety. I found that I had to let go of my fear of symptoms and trust myself. It sounds as if many folks need to learn to trust their physicians and their diagnosis or lack of one. Your ECG was fine. Take a look at the symptoms page on the left side of the page.