PDA

View Full Version : Always centred around my children...please help me

cassii1976
11-12-13, 09:00
Hi I am new here, I have suffered anxiety for many years and am currently taking anti-depressants. I have had counselling which did help and have been able to reduce my tablets. I have felt as though I was getting stronger.
However now both my daughters have friendship problems at school and this has been enough to send me completely backwards. Yesterday I couldn't stop crying until I was physically sick, my mind blow everything out of perspective and I just couldn't pull it back.
My youngest daughter is also a worrier and has gone to school worrying about the situation and had belly ache.
I have bought her books aimed at children who worry and try to be strong for her but I hate that she is like me. I cant bear the thought of her suffering like I have for years.
my other daughter is more laid back.
I am sat here feeling like a failure and I feel sick, tired and angry at myself.
I only ever get into this state when my anxiety centres around my children. nothing ever makes me anxious like this apart from my children having problems. I know that children do go through hard times and it is my job to see them through them and support them. which I normally do but it leaves me feeling a mess inside.
Please does anyone have any advice for me I just feel so bad and I know I am going to be worried about my youngest daughter all day :weep:

cassii1976
28-12-13, 22:30
Anyone??? :weep:

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-12-13, 02:33
Hi Cassii. :)
I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. As a fellow Mama I know how it feels to be wrapped up in your kids, and how hard it is not to worry about them.

Is it possible that your increased anxiety is due to reducing your medication?

relda
29-12-13, 09:50
Hi
My children haven't quite reached that age yet, but I know that if anything upsets them at school, it leaves me feeling very emotional.
I'm really sorry that I can't be of more help, I just wanted you to know that you're not alone in the way that you feel xxx

cassii1976
04-01-14, 12:10
Thank you for the replies, it is nice to know that I am not alone and I am due for a review of my medication soon so I will have a chat with my dr about how I am feeling xxx