PDA

View Full Version : Jaw problems caused by anxiety...

MarkJames3
11-12-13, 11:23
Hi guys,

So i have been doing better the last week or so but just have something niggling at me...

Due to my prolonged anxiety and being a real teeth clencher... sometimes I wake up in the morning and my jaw cracks when I yawn or whatever and just generally when eating something it feels like my jaw is grinding a bit...

I know clenching and grinding my teeth constantly for years is not good and what is probably causing it... theres no pain, just an annoyance more than anything...

Does anyone else suffer similar jaw problems?

HoneyLove
11-12-13, 11:36
I have jaw problems too, caused by years of grinding my teeth in my sleep. Stress makes it flare up badly, so it's important to learn how to deal with the anxiety and destress.

A visit to your dentist should be the first thing you do if you'd like to get some help with it.

MarkJames3
11-12-13, 11:42
I have a dentist appointment in April! lol I think I can wait till then, as I say it doesn't hurt or anything just something I notice from time to time.

HoneyLove
11-12-13, 11:51
Well if it's not causing any other problems than the clicking then I wouldn't worry too much about it. You might just want to ask the dentist about the teeth grinding in April then.

My jaw is giving a lot more trouble than clicking, so I've had to start getting help for it. There's lots you can do for it yourself at home, so if you ever need advice just ask :)

MarkJames3
11-12-13, 12:16
Hey,

Thanks, I will PM you :)

cattia
11-12-13, 14:49
I have this at the moment and it's so bad that I can't swallow properly because all my throat muscles have gone into spasm. I've hardly eaten anything for the last two days because of it. I can't get to see a dentist until the end of January.