PDA

View Full Version : Worried about weird lesion on groin area

GirlAfraid23
11-12-13, 14:36
I have a very strange looking bump on my groin. It looks like a cross between a spot and a boil, dark in colour and sits right where my knicker line is.

Last week, I was wearing particularly tight knickers and it started to bleed. I put some savlon on it and hoped it had drained itself. A week later and it's back again. It feels a bit hard underneath. I did try squeezing it and a bit of watery substance and pus came out.

I've out some germolene on it and left it be.

What could it be? I've had them before re-occurring. I looked up about a boil and it says online, you may need antibiotics. Anyone?

nomorepanic
11-12-13, 14:37
Sounds like a boil and no you don't necessarily need antibiotics

Just keep it clean and dry

GirlAfraid23
11-12-13, 14:38
It's hard when it's in such a weird place. Obviously I sweat there as well so probably doesn't help.

nomorepanic
11-12-13, 15:08
Put a plaster on it

LE
11-12-13, 15:26
Sounds like an ingrown hair. I've had them before and they are that colour.

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Sounds like an ingrown hair. I've had these before exactly there and that colour. My gp told me to exfoliate in the shower.

mummyanxious
11-12-13, 16:22
I have had a few of these and they are always at the same point in my cycle. Sometimes they're fairly small and sometimes they're large. They can take a while to go and are very painful. Almost certainly linked to hormones in my case.

rebeccad
11-12-13, 17:04
Yep I get these a lot and they are in grown hairs , I bet if you squeezed it a hair would come out x

mummyanxious
11-12-13, 17:16
Mine aren't ingrown hairs just to add, they're just boils

GirlAfraid23
11-12-13, 17:32
Thanks everyone.
Any need to go to my GP? Or self care at home?

Don't want to get ill so near Christmas.

nomorepanic
11-12-13, 18:26
No you don't need to see the GP unless it gets infected and you will know then that you need to go

almamatters
11-12-13, 18:29
I get these, try putting a warm flannel on it. Mine were ingrown hair follicles from shaving.

GirlAfraid23
12-12-13, 18:33
How will I know if it's infected?

Hypo
12-12-13, 22:24
How will I know if it's infected?

It will get really red around it and perhaps a bit dischargey. Inflammation around it too. If it is infected it would likely heal itself anyway.

Keep going with the warm hot flannel compress.