PDA

View Full Version : Amoxicillin Rash Scares me so bad

Benzoman
11-12-13, 15:45
Yesterday I took 1 amoxicillin at the begining of my course. 1. 2 hours later I had a rash of little red raised bumps that were itchy (which is not he normal okay amoxicillin rash, it's a sign of an allergic reaction). So I took a benadryl and went to bed.

Today the rash is still there... My pharmacist thinks I should keep taking the amoxicillin but i'm not going to take something i'm allergic to.

Anyway the rash is about the side of two bandaids laid end to end. I'm not having any deadly allergic reaction but I looked on doctor google and he's scaring me. :(

Should I be okay to stay at home? I'm having no trouble breathing and can just get the antibiotic replaced with something else.

I'm actually very terrified and anxious and was hoping you could help me with your experiences and knowledge with anxiety and possibly if you've experienced this with amoxicillin/pennicillin before.

Mogwog
11-12-13, 17:49
Hi

I get this as I'm allergic to penicillin. I don't get anything worse than the itchy rash. Maybe you could go back dr and explain situation.xxx

Benzoman
11-12-13, 21:31
Hi

I get this as I'm allergic to penicillin. I don't get anything worse than the itchy rash. Maybe you could go back dr and explain situation.xxx

Should I go to the emergency room right now? Now the skin on my stomach is burning, but that could just be because my skin is dry.

Please someone tell me that I'm just going to be okay. I need to hear that. I can go to my doctor in 5 days and get a new anti biotic... but for now I just need to know i'm okay, please! :weep: