PDA

View Full Version : ALS symptoms very scared

Bigdale82
11-12-13, 15:49
Hi there hope every one ok, well for the last couple of weeks I've had a strange feeling, it all started when I had a numb weak wobbly feeling in my left leg at work, which lasted for a week of so in fact I'm still getting it a bit also it went to my left arm in that time, now for the last few days I've been getting pain in my legs just under the knee and in the calves, like circulation cramp but not as intense, just enough for me to notice it. it seems to happen when I sit or lie down, also when I look at my calves they seem to be spasming or twitching all in different places all over the muscle. it looks very freaky and corresponds with the pain. now my legs feel weak when goin upstairs etc, I'm very worried this is the start of some killer terminal problem. can anyone shed any light on this thank u for reading

machine
16-12-13, 18:35
The precursor to ALS is significant muscle wasting. The likelihood is is it is benign muscle fasciculation or something very similar brought about by stress and anxiety (I assume you have anxiety by posting here, apologies if not).

Accept your symptoms; learn not to fear them(hard I know); practice deep relaxation regularly and routinely and in time it will settle down and go. Takes a lot of time, so be patient.

Jericho
31-12-13, 20:55
I have been having the same weakness, twitching in my legs for a few months now. I have a Neuro apt coming up next week - but I'm so worried that ALS/MS is the answer !!! I know theres a difference between weakness and feeling weak - but desperately need to know it isn't one of those terrible diseases.