PDA

View Full Version : cancelled gp appointment

tricia56
11-12-13, 17:26
hi not sure if this is the right place to post but I have gad and ha and every little ache or pain I allways go to my gp which is nearly every week which I know im not helping myself to overcome the health anxiety, and because for the last few days ive been feeling tired thro the day I started to get worried so I foned up for a appointment to see the doc tonight ,but after I done it I thought that maybe I shouldn't have booked it just because im feeling tierd so I cancelled it and now im thinking I should of gone incase there is something wrong with me and it will be to late. SO is normal to feel or think this way bend ive done the right thing cause I have cancelled the appointment and its just the anxiety making me think the way I have over it and maybe by not going it will help me try and overcome my anxiety

Eyji1
11-12-13, 19:35
It's anxiety making you feel this way. I've gone through what you're going through. I taked to a doctor. And we set up a program. At first I would see him once EVERY week. I would come in and complain about this and that. After a while I ran out of things to complain about. So we made it every other week where I would see him. I quickly learned that this was fruitless... I haven't been to a doctor now for longer than a month... To me that's a victory! The point is the more you do this the more power if has over you. The less you do it the more power you have over it! In my opinion. Don't go to that appointment!
Best of luck to you.

tricia56
11-12-13, 20:14
hi thk u for replying bk to me I cancelled the appointment so I didn't go in the end. but I did start thinking the wat ifs like I should of went incase there is something wrong and the doctor will miss it