PDA

View Full Version : Hi, First Time Poster, Long Time Reader!

Lacie
11-12-13, 18:19
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here, been reading this forum for a long time and decided to go ahead and join.

I'm a 42 yo female in the US. I am married with a 6 year old. I do work, which helps me get through a lot!

I have been suffering from GAD and HA for about 2 years. Been on 20 mg citalopram since Aug 2011. I have gone off the meds, but usually wind up right back on them again. The one thing that has helped me through the hard times has been this forum, I am always afraid of having a heart attack. I am constantly checking my pulse, looking up things on the internet (which I have stopped doing, I realize that makes matters worse).

I have had chest pains almost constantly through, I have had periods where I have felt great "back to normal". But it has been a while since I felt that way. I found myself coming back here more and more often for "reassurance" that I'm ok. I've had just about every test done, but now I keep telling myself that those tests were almost 2 years ago, surely I must have developed some malady since the tests! I know I'm ok, if I had something wrong, surely I wouldn't still be here to post, right??

I used to be a smoker, but quit cold turkey when all the anxiety sprang up (a good way to quit) I haven't wanted a cig since the day I put them down, but I have put on some weight which I know makes me feel even worse. I've tried everything under the sun to lose weight and nothing seems to help, I guess I haven't been truthful with myself when it comes to what I really do eat. So, I've started keeping track of everything I eat. I know that one way to beat this is get myself healthier, by eating better and getting some exercise.

Sorry for this post being so long, thanks for reading and looking forward to meeting others out there and helping each other through this.

almamatters
11-12-13, 18:30
Hi just wanted to :welcome: you to the forum. Sure you will get loads of help and support on here.