PDA

View Full Version : i get my pills tomorrow. finally!

Koalabear1992
12-12-13, 03:54
So tomorrow I get to see my doctor who is going to prescribe me with medication that will end this thing once and for all. I'm not looking for instant results, but something that can make this bearable. Yay!!!

Emphyrio
12-12-13, 22:40
Meds can make things bearable, but they do not solve all problems. They can come with their own side effects, and sometimes you may need to try a few different kinds. Make sure you get talking and behavioural therapy for your illness at the same time.

What meds were you prescribed?

Rennie1989
13-12-13, 14:36
If medication could fix our problems then we wouldn't be here.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I'm just being honest. Medication only affects the hormones and chemicals in the brain that could reduce anxiety and depression symptoms. But medication with talking therapies work very well, so please take that into consideration.

Also, be prepared that the first two to four weeks on medication it can make you feel worse before you feel better.

Edie
13-12-13, 17:17
I'm glad you're getting some help. That's a really massive step. Meds can be really helpful for reducing symptoms. Like the others mentioned, therapy is often a really good long-term help, but sometimes it's necessary to get a bit of help from meds too. I hope your appointment has been OK xx