PDA

View Full Version : New to site

Valley heath
12-12-13, 11:05
Just joined this site I am almost 63 year old lady now retired. Have suffered from clinical depression for a number of years always treated successfully with fluexetine 20gm. Was off the drug for 7-8 months with no problem. Following a bad old and bad arthritis went back on fluexetine about 4 weeks ago. This time however dreadful side effect of nausea. Haven't been able to eat and lost lots of weight. Finally rang my doctor yesterday. He said I could suddenly have become allergic to fluexetine and put on citalopram 20mg last night with omeprazole to settle stomach. Woke up this morning no sickness thank god but depression has returned and also an an anxiety attack. Spoke to doctor again. She said stay with it I feel so depressed that I have been a failure this time and having to ask for help again

blue moon
12-12-13, 11:23
Hello and welcome.Never call yourself a failure asking for help,you are doing what is right for you.I am almost 60 ànd had a mild anxiety attack today,so know how you feel. I hope you enjoy the site and meet lovely,kind people on here like I have......Be kind to yourself.

Petra x:D

Tanner40
12-12-13, 12:17
Welcome to NMP, Valley. I'm sure that you will find a lot of support on this site. I know it has been very helpful to me.

Valley heath
12-12-13, 13:39
Many thanks for the welcome. Nice to know I am not alone. Just seems to be a long road ahead

Edie
13-12-13, 18:03
Hello, and welcome :hugs:

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.

I'm glad your sickness has gone. It can take a few weeks for antidepressants to start working, and sadly they can sometimes cause an increase in anxiety in the beginning. I think your doctor's advice to stick with it is spot on, though I also understand how hard that is considering how you are feeling. Citalopram is a really popular medication because it works so well and causes fewer side effects. I really hope it works out well for you as soon as possible!

It's not you that is a failure. It's just the fluoxetine didn't agree with you this time around.

Mark13
14-12-13, 18:03
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.