PDA

View Full Version : Work from home ?!

Nicki22
11-11-06, 11:56
Now that i have been kicked off sick im looking into working from home....I want to know if anyone else works from home and what you do and how you go about it hope you can be of any help

Thanks xx

come and join our new and fast growing general discussion forum....
http://z6.invisionfree.com/NGForum/index.php

nomorepanic
11-11-06, 12:01
Try these
Working from home pro/com

Jobs for panic people ? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4755)
Huge Massive Fear of Workplace - suggestions plz (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7057)
Huge Massive Fear of Workplace - suggestions plz (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7057)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicki22
11-11-06, 12:05
thanks hun ill have a look at those see if i can find anything x

Nicki22
11-11-06, 13:01
still havent found anything which is a shame !!
hope anyone can be of help xx

Piglet
11-11-06, 13:49
Nicki you and I have just discussed this by pm but perhaps you could start a thread asking if anyone knows how to run an ebay business.

I may also be interested in the results as I do make bags here and there when I have time and could sell them on ebay. I do already sell and buy off there but only in a small way.

Good luck hun.

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Nicki22
11-11-06, 13:52
thanks hun xx

keef737
24-11-06, 02:42
Hello Nicki
I suffer from Panic attacks and I work from home as a printer I make business cards leaflets signs banners and have loads of fun !!!,
my times my own I do what I like !!! put the phone by the bed !!!!
and its much better than a job... being a printer is pretty messy
But I meet loads of people who start their own business and its not hard you just got to meet enough people and have something to sell !! when you look around and realise how busy people are making money they are just a busy spending it as well ! Ebay is a good place to start thats what I hope to do soon
keith xx

mirry
24-11-06, 07:44
Piglet what sort of bags do you make ?

Ive been making knitted bags lately with beaded charms, but mainly make the jewellery. Done a craft fair at the weekend and made £90 but it was a small event so makes me think I need to do bigger ones.

Have you tried asking shops to sell them for you >?
I know its hard, but I have done this and am doing ok from it, infact Im really pleased with how its going. At the moment tho im feeling very pressurised from the shops, they are asking for more and more cos its selling, but hey what a great problem !

On top of all this, Ive got a friend whos getting her husband to set up an online shop for me lol, dont even know if I want one ?
But they tell me it will be good [:I]
could sell your bags on there ?

mirryx

Piglet
24-11-06, 10:12
Hi ya Mirry hun,

Well I haven't been concentrating on the bags so much lately as I have been studying hard to qualify as a reflexologist (I'm not far off taking my exams now). I hope to make this my main job with the idea of working from home if I can.

As a side line I will carry on making bits and bobs to sell - I tend to sell tote or shopping bags similiar to the style of the designer Cath Kidston www.cathkidston.co.uk

I have a real liking for spotted fabrics but then again love some of Laura Ashleys fabrics too. The trouble is they arn't really cheap to make at all by the time you have added in my time aswell. I have given them to friends and family as presents here and there and I guess they like them as I see them use them all the time. My teenage daughters friends love them too.

I do also make curtains but I don't sell these - that started because I could never find quite what I wanted in the shops. I have a liking for mixing gingham fabrics with floral fabrics and made a pair for a friend of mine too. The colourways you can do this are endless.

The knitted bags sound fab - I have a load upstairs in a drawer waiting to be sewn together actually. I would love to see yours mate - so if you do sell on ebay please please let me know. I adore individual and handmade things.

I'm also wondering if to sell a few crystals on ebay - I tell you what Mirry as far as I can see there is nowhere near enough jewellery on ebay for crystal lovers like myself. Yes you see clear quartz and some of the other quartz but I mean things like yellow jasper or carnelian or some of the agates etc etc.

Do you ever watch the shopping channel 'Ideal World' there is a guy from Stonehenge jewellery who comes on and I love his gemstone jewellery. I have a couple of favourite sellers on ebay who make nice gemstone pendants on suede thongs with clasps but in my opinion there are very few sellers of new age gemstone jewellery (of good quality I mean).

Love Piglet :)

mirry
24-11-06, 12:33
wow piglet, well done for your exams, do let us all know how you get on.
As for the bags they look so lovely, you could do well with them.
Do you make the straps your self ?

Where I sell my jewelleryin a local shop, a lady makes all sorts of machined items....bags,aprons,peg bags etc.
She sells them at a bargain for charity (makes me look bad lol).
But I absolutely love crafts, it facinates me.
Ive made my own curtains and cushions but not machined bags, its something Id love to try but I cant keep up with the jewellery as it is.

what material are the shopping bags made with on that site ?
It looks like a plastic material ,or is it just the shine of the photo ?

I have watched Ideal world before, must of missed the crystals ?
Ive been using crystals alot recently, the swarovski type also, I bead weave them all together in a pretty pattern and they have been a big seller. When i get them online I will definatly show you.

who wants a craft forum on this site [Yeah!]

mirryx

Piglet
24-11-06, 12:58
Lol Mirry - I would love a craft site :D:D:D

The bags on Cath Kidston's site are made from either the plastic coated fabric (a sod to sew with) or cotton.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

scaredycat2001
24-11-06, 13:05
wow you two,
i love all that stuff!

scaredycat

mirry
24-11-06, 15:54
scardey cat , do you do any crafts ? its the only thing that keeps me going with all this anxiety and panic.

mirryx

Quirky
24-11-06, 16:11
OOh Piglet I love the sound of the bits and bobs you make, especially the curtains, you clever thing. I couldn't even sew up a hem properly [:O]. I can sew a button on though :D.

Mirry your jewellery sounds lovely too.

As you can tell I am not at all crafty (well not in a making things way anyway lol).

I love individual bits and bobs like that though. I tried making greetings cards last year but I have resigned myself to the fact that I am an academic not an arty type. I just don't have the skill or the patience!

Good luck with it all ladies.

Lisa x

Piglet
24-11-06, 16:29
Yes but Lis who would I go to to ask what the ingredients are in my skin care if it wasn't for you. All those ridiculous long chemical names - what's that all about?

Keith - I liked reading about your job from home. Do you have to have lots of special equipment for this. Have you chosen to work from home ie: is this a job you have always done either in or out of home?

Piglet :)

Nicki22
24-11-06, 17:19
can any one please tell me if you know where i can find a job from home asap as ive been made to look for work with being taken off the sick and its making me ill thankyou

Piglet
24-11-06, 17:25
Nicki how come this has happened mate - has the doctor not been supportive or something?????

Piglet x

Nicki22
24-11-06, 17:32
me and my fella have been strugglein on the low payment £60 a wk so my fella had to do a joint claim for income support and bcos of that they say by us doing that it shows that im fit for work i told them i cant work and i have never been able to but i have to sign on as they is nothing i can do until my appeal god knows when thats going to be! i asked if i could work from home they said i could but im haveing trouble finding work from home a lot look scams anyone know of any please ?

Piglet
24-11-06, 17:35
Gosh mate that all sounds very confusing!

Would a letter from your doctor supporting you help with your appeal and if your appeal is successful will they backdate the payments?

Piglet x

Nicki22
24-11-06, 17:38
hopefully a note would help im going to see the doc as all this is freaking me out and making me feel worse....they say if the appeal goes my way then all the payments will be backdate..they have stoped my reduced payment of income support becos we on joint jobseekers...

Piglet
24-11-06, 17:48
Well seeing the doctor is definately a step in the right direction.

I'm sure this will correct the situation - keep us informed as your experience may help others.

<center>(((N)))</center>

Piglet x

Nicki22
24-11-06, 17:55
thanks hun i will let you all know
at the moment just lookin for some work from home havin no luck so not happy bout that

Nicki22
08-12-06, 17:43
hiya guys....does anyone work from home and buy items from a wholesaler ?
as im looking for some wholesalers that sell jewellery cosmetics bath bombs/soaps all in bulk
i would like to know if anyone knew of any where i could buy from for my shop ?
thankyou

strawberrie
09-12-06, 14:48
hi nicki, i bought some ingredients for bathbombs and soaps from www.bathbomb.biz (they have an ebay shop) I dont really know how they compare with other places for value, but you can buy large quantities of ingredients, which is obviously more cost effective than the smaller quantities in the shops.

If you are making bath stuff then personally i think the best place to buy some of the ingredients is the supermarkets. You can get a big jar of coconut oil in tescos for 95p which is loads cheaper than buying it as a cosmetic ingredient, and as far as i can tell its all the same stuff! Our tescos has a 'world food' aisle and i have got loads of stuff there (although, now looking at your post i'm wondering if you are wanting to buy the finished items and sell them on? in which case im not being very helpful at all [:I])

i do a cleaning job a couple of hours a week, and it is amazing how many people have said they are looking for a reliable cleaner - so many people work long hours and dont want the hassle of doing household stuff themselves, so if you are unable to go out, then maybe something like ironing that you could do in front of the telly at home? sorry its such a boring suggestion, but it could probably make you a little bit of extra cash.

mag

Nicki22
09-12-06, 17:12
thanks for the advise....I have found a few wholesalers for makeup just looking to sell bath soaps now but finding it hard to find a wholesaler....the ingredients you bought from the site wot did you buy hun and what did you do with it ?
i would like to buy finished items and sell them but if anyone knows anyother way wot i could do any advise will help and i really want to set my online shop up and the wholesalers im finding have a min order of £100

strawberrie
10-12-06, 19:25
hi nicki

i bought a few ingredients to make bath bombs - sodium bicarbonate and citric acid and stuff like that, also some melt and pour soap. They were quite easy to make, but i was only doing them to make as gifts for friends and family so they didnt have to be perfect! I dont know how easy it would be to make ones that would sell, im not sure you would make much money unless you had a lot of experience and could make stuff that is really unique. Sorry, cant help you with wholesalers for ready made items.

good luck and let us know how you get on, i think lots of us would like to find something to make some money from home.

mag