PDA

View Full Version : New to site...any help appreciated

Altrincham
12-12-13, 15:07
Hi Im new to the site and wondered whether I am going out of my mind wondering whether the symptoms I am experiencing are due to anxiety or due t something more medically serious (like MS..) Ive had apain in my right arm a4 weeks ago which has now left my right arm feeling stiff and arthritic light and prone to pins and needles and tires very easily when doing simple tasks such as typing. I have had several full on panic attacks having convinced myself I now have MS. I still have the symptoms of a stiff wrist and pins and needles in my arm and now have then in both my feet....any advice would be really really helpful.

dizzydaisy
12-12-13, 15:11
Hi, anxiety can cause many symptoms, it would be best for you to see your doctor to rule out anything serious. If as I expect everything is ok then yes anxiety could cause your symptoms but defo see your doctor.

MRS STRESS ED
12-12-13, 15:17
Hi yes as dizzydaisy said go see your gp if you havent already .I too get these symptoms my is due to my anxiety its supprising what anxiety can do :)

katesa
12-12-13, 15:38
Hi there,

I do have MS and I will say what I always say first of all - it's not that terrifying and it doesn't kill you. Really, if I had been told I had to have a neurological condition, I would have picked this one. It can be a pain in the ass (well, a pain in various places) but I have a completely normal life as do the vast majority of the people I know with it.

As dizzy and Mrs Stress said, go see your GP. I don't think you have MS - I wont go in to details about why because I don't want to mention symptoms and stuff as the power of suggestion can be disastrous with anxiety sufferers, but I would doubt it very much. But you should see your GP because it's annoying to deal with and they can sort it out for you.

blackbroom
12-12-13, 15:55
Hi,

Please try not to worry (easier said than done, I know).

Tingling feelings in your limbs can be the symptom of many different things, most of them pretty harmless, including anxiety. I had pins and needles in my hands and feet last winter and, like you, I started worrying about serious neurological disorders, but when I went to the doctors, it turned out that in my case I was getting it because I had a very slightly underactive thyroid, which has been easily sorted with medication. I've known other people with the same symptoms have repetitive strain injury or a vitamin B12 deficiency.I also had a pain in my arm recently which turned out to be because I was carrying my shoulder bag in an uncomfortable way - once I switched bags, the pain went away.

So, as others have said, go and see your GP. Only they can say what's wrong with you and it's probably not the worst things you're fearing.

Altrincham
12-12-13, 16:30
Hi there
thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. You must get fed up replying to people like me..Your message was really inspiring. thank you. I have a Dr appointment booked.

katesa
12-12-13, 16:58
Hi there
thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. You must get fed up replying to people like me..Your message was really inspiring. thank you. I have a Dr appointment booked.

If you're talking to me chick then no, I don't find people like you annoying at all. It's just that MS is something a lot of people fear on here and I like to let people know that it's not actually that bad. There are so many worse things to have!

Welcome to the board! :bighug1: